Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to stop looking at it through blue-tinted spectacles, he did wrong, he meant no malice, but he did wrong. If it was a United or Liverpool player we'd be calling for a ban. It was probably done in naivety as a light hearted joke and Mendy has probably done the same back to Bernado at some stage but you've got to be so damn careful nowadays.
Spot on.

You think the (over-reactive) calls for action to be taken against him are ok? Nothing to argue with? What about him "being educated"? Is that all appropriate?

He made a mistake, he isnt racist, the politics and tribalism of football and the PC environment means he could get crucified. You DONT think that is over-reacting?

I think there haven't been any or many calls for action until the BBC contacted Kick it Out for comment.

I don't think there has been many except some rival football trolls on twitter calling him racist.

As for being educated, I'm sure City's media/pr team have had a word with him already.

I think those over-reacting are those reacting to problems in their own head about snowflakes, pc mob, lefties, etc.

Isn't the Silva/Mendy thing just a laugh between good mates?

What will the FA dream up next, listening in to players conversations in the bar on a night out? They'll be bugging changing rooms soon.

I`m not sure if anyone has even tried to submit a new thread regarding the twitter Bernado sent to Benjamim Mendy. I see it is being discussed separately in his player performance thread but honestly, do you think that will do?
At some point Bernado will, no doubt, be hauled before the FA to explain his comment and will no doubt have to go on an education programme at the very least.
Bernado is a well educated and erudite speaker. He knows he has made an error by deleting the post immediately but then making a comment about joking with a mate won`t wash I`m afraid. That will be picked up by the FA as a person who is showing no remorse for actions that will offend a lot of people.
I am certain the club will, at some point, give a statement and possibly Bernado himself.
In the meantime I think if we are to discuss the issue then it should be discussed here, not in hos player performance thread. This has nothing to do with his performance but his attitude.
We have a lot of black players and staff at the club, I`m sure a lot of them will be looking to see the outcome of this and will want to have a say. I`m not saying they will come here but some will read the forum and guage our feelings.
Kick it out have asked for the FA to get involved so it will not go away until it`s done.

What will the FA dream up next, listening in to players conversations in the bar on a night out? They'll be bugging changing rooms soon.

I think it may be racist to think otherwise. if it was a Caucasian man with a brand logo would it be a story?

Then keep it between mates and dont use social media to do it!

Is there really. My recollection years ago was the Black and White Minstrel Show. Normal people at the time didn't think it was demeaning it was just entertainment. Incidentally when I was a boy we had a black cat called ******. It wasn't unusual in those days. How do you like that.

I watched The Dambusters a while back and the leader of that bombing raid had a black lab called ******. They had to put a parental warning on the beginning of the film for it due to hateful language. Seems crazy that it was perfectly normal then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.