Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are not implying you are more offended than me? Do you know how offensive that is? Not surprising in view of the lurch to the right this forum seems to have taken, and frankly this thread is symptomatic of that. Anyone that denies the racism of this tweet might as well be denying the holocaust or climate change.

The reality is, I thought something was either racist or uneducated. Other people didn’t think that it was racist or uneducated. Then, they got offended because they thought that meant they were racist or uneducated, even if they aren’t.

Except Bernardo posted it on twitter to millions of people, including many black people who don’t know him as well as mendy to know if it was a joke.
Bollocks, would you say comparing Darren Anderson to Shaggy as racist? It’s two pictures, one an actual picture of a black man and the other a black cartoon character, where’s the racism?

The reality is, I thought something was either racist or uneducated. Other people didn’t think that it was racist or uneducated. Then, they got offended because they thought that meant they were racist or uneducated, even if they aren’t.
It's all very well trying to be sensible now, but I'm too far gone down the road of taking offence to even contemplate a more moderate view than my own.

Well your post offends me because it may offend those too frightened to post they are offended it case it offends someone.

Oh and Mazzerellis Swiss Cheese is a big girls blouse. I can post that because he isn't logged in at the moment and therefore cannot be offended.
My mate said I should be offended because you're offended about my offended post.

Do snowflakes have a gender or do they prefer to be known as they or them?
If I was a snowflake should I be offended at being called a snowflake as all snowflakes are one colour and therefore the term fails the test of being inclusive?
And what about Cadbury's flakes?

He misgendered you also.
Par for the course on here - can't help notice that with your casual use of the pronoun 'he' you have also ascribed a gender of your choice to @Blue Mist
I'm obviously not going to pass up this opportunity to be offended on her/his/its behalf.

Bollocks, would you say comparing Darren Anderson to Shaggy as racist? It’s two pictures, one an actual picture of a black man and the other a black cartoon character, where’s the racism?

I posted about this earlier referencing the advert for the character Bernardo compared mendy to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.