Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still love the idea of a bunch of older blokes living in a bubble calling everyone soft arses despite daily cries of unfair treatment from just about everyone outside of the club on the media thread.

Everyone's out to get you whether it's restricting your freedom of speech or trying their best to destroy City from the outside. And I bet you call Liverpool fans victims.

You're a parody of yourselves.
You’re conflating several unrelated issues in a shite generalisation of a post there.

Tbh I think the talks of a ban of any sort are wide of the mark and won't happen, however, if they do ban him for this, the FA and anyone who actually believes the comment was racist rather than a bit misguided need to seriously get a grip on life. He would be best just refusing interviews etc in future as the media have blown this up, no wonder though with so many fucking mardarses spending their entire lives wanting to be offended by everything.

Still love the idea of a bunch of older blokes living in a bubble calling everyone soft arses despite daily cries of unfair treatment from just about everyone outside of the club on the media thread.

Everyone's out to get you whether it's restricting your freedom of speech or trying their best to destroy City from the outside. And I bet you call Liverpool fans victims.

You're a parody of yourselves.

Thanks for that padr81.

I should probably stay out of this one for the most part but I can't resist to say this.

I'll say he made what I would say is an uneducated, even if not intentionally poor decision.

Banning him is madness as it isn't going to address anything and only fuel the hatred of those concerned about what he did (which doesn't mean I can't empathise with him or others who make similar errors in judgement).

"Re-educating" him doesn't have to mean brainwashing, it means a conversation should happen where maybe as someone I genuinely think is a good lad will listen and also be open to sharing his own thoughts so he does not feel silenced. His saying it was just a joke I get, and is a usual way to defend such mistakes at first, but I hope he is willing to see that basically this sheet is just not cool for good reason. I am no thought police officer either, as he is entitled to think and feel what he wants. That also doesn't mean it has no impact.

I'd NEVER post a joke like he did. That makes me a snowflake? No, it comes from my own awareness of the awful history of blackface and racism on all of us. You think you should be able to litter in public because no one should tell you what to do and you don't want to walk over to the rubbish bin as it's too far? That's how I see such arguments. It's not doing us any good.

He may be the nicest lad on Earth. I suspect he is a good guy. That also doesn't mean he can't do something harmful or make mistakes. We are all capable of that even when we don't mean it or want to. Others can learn to get "thicker skins" but it's not about that as much as some think. It's about accepting responsibility for mistakes. I thought that was important? We all make them. Don't hide and deflect. That ish is weak.

We can recognise his own background may have led him to not realise what he was doing, and even if Mendy didn't care it also doesn't mean that this is harmless or about being PC.

Blackface is not something I would ignore as something having impact on human lives. He may have not meant it, but if you knew what it meant I'd hope you might think twice or even better not want to contribute.

That's how the best and most respectful human beings behave and what anyone who works with children knows is what we try to instill in them from day 1.
You’ve read far too much into an innocent tweet

Time Mendy came out with a statement to put this fire out.
Something along the lines of “ for goodness sake please stop this nonsense. It was a private joke, made me laugh and caused me no offence whatsoever. Leave my mate alone!”

Time Mendy came out with a statement to put this fire out.
Something along the lines of “ for goodness sake please stop this nonsense. It was a private joke, made me laugh and caused me no offence whatsoever. Leave my mate alone!”
He should post this as a tweet:

giphy.gif

SICK OF THESE, IT'S NOT EVEN WINTER YET!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.