Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
s-l300.jpg

There is a professional sports team in the US called Washington Redskins. This is a racist slur for every second of every day that it exists. The outrage about this exists in small pockets of First Nations society (and still then not all of the First Nations society because a lot of them don't give a shit and there are First Nations Washington Redskins fans) as well as with some Liberals.

Bernardo compares a picture of Mendy to a picture of a black cartoon kid - both of which have a shiny forehead in the pictures shown so the comparison could be said to be more than just about the colour of the skin. Just like how Aguero's family called him Kum Kum when he was a kid.
1492958678274.png

Because he had a resemblance to the cartoon character who was a caveman. Kun is not being compared to a caveman, he is not being discriminated against nor are Argentines, indigenous peoples of South America or Japan, Italians or Spaniards or any of the Latin/Hispanic diaspora.

These two things are exactly the same. There's no difference in them. Mendy and Aguero have cartoon characters that looked like them when they were kids. There's absolutely nowt more to be read into this. It's not uneducated and wasn't a stupid thing to do on Bernardo's part as there is fuck all wrong with it.

Anyone who finds something wrong in this is simply a fucking soft **** and can go and get fucked!

Well said.

Six game ban incoming for Bernardo according to some reports. If that happened it's another nail in the coffin for Football and common sense in general.
Six game ban is way off the mark. Its a slap in the wrist. Bernardo knew he made a mistake instantly & removed the tweet.

Six game ban is way off the mark. Its a slap in the wrist. Bernardo knew he made a mistake instantly & removed the tweet.
He didn't make a mistake and i hope he doesn't think he made a mistake and i hope he only removed it because he knew the ****s of society would complain about it, not because he thinks there was owt wrong with it - because there wasn't.

Still love the idea of a bunch of older blokes living in a bubble calling everyone soft arses despite daily cries of unfair treatment from just about everyone outside of the club on the media thread.

Everyone's out to get you whether it's restricting your freedom of speech or trying their best to destroy City from the outside. And I bet you call Liverpool fans victims.

You're a parody of yourselves.

I disagree, think Bernardo will get a warning regarding future twitter messages, and he will be told he has to attend some Kick IT out programme, but he wont get a ban.
I think Kick it out are part funded by the PFA, if Bernie gets a ban our players should show solidarity and withdraw their memberships for a token length of time. I know they would be pilloried for it but they need to make it plain they all know Bernie isn't a racist and doesn’t need education on the matter. I don’t even think Kick it Out is that relevant anymore, with Social Media anything Racist is in the public eye anyhow. A few players wearing their t shirts and banners here and there hardly cause a ripple these days. Racism is here to stay, there will always be intolerant, uneducated dick heads, fortunately they are a tiny minority.

Still love the idea of a bunch of older blokes living in a bubble calling everyone soft arses despite daily cries of unfair treatment from just about everyone outside of the club on the media thread.

Everyone's out to get you whether it's restricting your freedom of speech or trying their best to destroy City from the outside. And I bet you call Liverpool fans victims.

I love being hated by the media and i hope it never changes, i never want fake adulation given to us by the media, i never want to be a media darling like Liverpool United and Spurs.

And Liverpool fans are called Victims because they tried to completely absolve themselves of any blame at Heysel and miraculously did get themselves absolved of any blame at Hillsborough - what that's got to do with any of this i have no idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawk —————>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.