Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
'BARCELONA are reportedly lining up a shock bid for Trent Alexander-Arnold.

The Catalans are said to be ready to make an initial offer of £67m for the Liverpool full-back.'

will this be before or after they buy Bernie

Selling Bernardo isn't a disaster and I will explain why:

We already lost Jesus, but let's remember where Jesus was playing for whole fucking season -> substitute for Mahrez on RW.. Now when someone sees how great Jesus is as False9 for Arsenal, they will regret and say that City lost such a valuable player, but in reality - via playing Jesus as RW, we were using maybe 50% of his real abilities and 50% was lost.. Cause he is a FUCKING Centre Forward and in Arsenal interviews he already declared it.. So we lost 50% of Jesus..

Same happened with Raz.. Raz was great RW and he resurrected his career as RW at City, we all remember after 15 / 16 how whole world regarded him as flop.. But under Pep, he started to improve and develop as a world-class winger on RW position.. Then he changed the flank and we all have experienced, how his career at City started to decline.. That's why I don't care loosing Sterling either, cause loosing Sterling as LW isn't a disaster and as RW - he wasn't playing much aftet 17 / 18 season..

And same applies to Bernardo.. He rarely plays as RCM at City.. Of course he is good at LCM, but not nearly as good as RCM he is.. But somehow, during these 7 or 6 years, he couldn't grab that fucking RCM for himself and even though he is phenomenal player, each time we play him outside of his beloved position, we are using his 50% of potential.. And I don't think 50% of Bernardo is irreplaceable..

1) It's not 4-3-3 anymore, Pep plays 4-2-1-3 where KDB is positioned higher.. So we have Phillips, who can fill that position and play decent football. We have Gundo.. Hopefully Foden will be moved back in midfield or Grealish.. And there are also rumors about Paqueta and some Matheus guys.. There are a lot of options..

Yes we lost Raz-Jesus-Bernardo, but we weren't using their full potential and therefore we have nothing to worry about..

Zinchenko OK.. Zinchenko was fully utilized by City and he is a huge loss, but hopefully club will bring some quality fullback on that position...

--------Rodri--------Phillips / Gundo------
-------------KDB / Grealish / Foden-------
--Mahrez--------Haaland---------Foden / Grealish

Is this a disaster ? I don't think so
What happens when we get our usual injury crisis?

What do you think we need that we don’t have other than a rotation LB? Seriously I can’t see the stress other than full back.. what am I missing?
One winger/wide foward to replace gabby/sterlings input, a proper left back for the first time ever, and either pu the Bernardo rumours to bed or get his replacement lined up and quick.. Paqueta/nkunku, nunes whoever it may be

We get very little from shirt sales.

Respect, but not sure if you missed what's being discussed as no one is suggesting City rely on shirt sales, or is that point really relevant to the conversation.

Just to clarify for everyone reading this and you mate...

I didn't even bring up shirt sales nor did I refer to the revenue City gets as supporting any real point.

The other poster raised City shirts worn visibility where they live
(Asia) to make a point.

Shirt sales that show more KDB than Grealish, which the other poster sounded like was pointing to evidence that Grealish isn't as marketable as I am suggesting.

I was only referring to shirt sales because they did. You replied to my response explaining why I do not believe that is a good piece of evidence as my post outlines.

The entire interaction was about why when Grealish joined City he was more marketable BOTH in the UK/England and the world.

I was saying in response through some evidence that Grealish was and is more marketable based on more SUPERFICIAL reasons than KDB, and you can find something closer to a fairer way too see this joined
and part of why he went for 100m.

This is why forum / internet conversations can be frustrating. You end up arguing against a straw man ad nauseum because no one is going to bother to read or go back to what you originally wrote.

We just see the quote, and reply but there's not even an evidence trail, and anyone who reads that might think the original poster looks like a fool.

Cheers

Respect, but not sure if you missed what's being discussed as no one is suggesting City rely on shirt sales, or is that point really relevant to the conversation.

Just to clarify for everyone reading this and you mate...

I didn't even bring up shirt sales nor did I refer to the revenue City gets as supporting any real point.

The other poster raised City shirts worn visibility where they live
(Asia) to make a point.

Shirt sales that show more KDB than Grealish, which the other poster sounded like was pointing to evidence that Grealish isn't as marketable as I am suggesting.

I was only referring to shirt sales because they did. You replied to my response explaining why I do not believe that is a good piece of evidence as my post outlines.

The entire interaction was about why when Grealish joined City he was more marketable BOTH in the UK/England and the world.

I was saying in response through some evidence that Grealish was and is more marketable based on more SUPERFICIAL reasons than KDB, and you can find something closer to a fairer way too see this joined
and part of why he went for 100m.

This is why forum / internet conversations can be frustrating. You end up arguing against a straw man ad nauseum because no one is going to bother to read or go back to what you originally wrote.

We just see the quote, and reply but there's not even an evidence trail, and anyone who reads that might think the original poster looks like a fool.

Cheers
Phew I’m glad you got that off your chest!

Phew I’m glad you got that off your chest!
I know I sound a bit mad, but was my last statement really wrong?

I've been using forums and similar avenues long enough to see this happen with extremely high levels of frequency.

It's not always the fault of the person replying as they may have just not seen the earlier bits of a discussion and "jump in the mention" so to speak without the context, which is understandable.

You'd have to have the time and energy to go back, and most will never bother often for good reason.

So we win 4 out 5 prems with 3 players at 50% don’t know if that makes Pep a genius or an idiot-or is the latter you?
Pep of course is a genius and we won those titles due to Pep's system..

In Pep's system some players are utilized at 100% and some players aren't using their full abilities..

P.S. And maybe you should be an idiot not to understand such simple things (Well.. you started it first, so got same response, next time you will be more polite maybe..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.