Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely reads like our counter-brief to all the noise from Barca, setting out our negotiating position very clearly.

Call it posturing if you like, but a lot of negotiation tactics are about posturing in one form or another to be honest.

You’re right that it shouldn’t be taken at face value to mean he’s staying though.

This is us telling Barca to put in an offer at the required level if they’re genuinely interested in the player - or shut up with the constant briefing about how desperate he is to join, and how we’re willing to sell for a bag of Monster Munch and Martin Braithwaite on a season long loan.
I hope our board does the same thing Brighton did this summer. We are even in a stronger negotiating position considering Bernie is fine staying which was not the case for Cucurella.

I hope our board does the same thing Brighton did this summer. We are even in a stronger negotiating position considering Bernie is fine staying which was not the case for Cucurella.

We’ll he’s very unlikely to hand in a transfer request, which already puts us in a much stronger position than Brighton with Cucurella.

Where they did unbelievably well was in finding another buyer daft enough for them to manufacture a fake bidding war with, even though we’d walked away from the deal already.

I doubt we’ll be as fortunate with Bernie.

Unless……………

Enter PSG?

We’ll he’s very unlikely to hand in a transfer request, which already puts us in a much stronger position than Brighton with Cucurella.

Where they did unbelievably well was in finding another buyer daft enough for them to manufacture a fake bidding war with, even though we’d walked away from the deal already.

Unless……………

Enter PSG?
Psg needs to sort out who’s got the biggest cock between Neymar and Mbappe.

Unless……………

Enter PSG?
I don't know about PSG entering tbh..But they clearly robbed chelsea by holding very strongly and not giving a toss what the player wanted. Obviously we respect Bernie a lot, but I hope we tell them piss off if the price is not right. Our board has lot of experience in these matters considering how Levy dealt harry kane case too..Pay the money or dont bother..

Oddly, this reminds me of the Kane saga from last year but with Barca taking our role

Some similarity, in the sense there is a buying club, a club to be bought from, a player, and a valuation gap.

The rest, a pretty big difference. As there is with the Cucurella transfer too that people have compared it to.

Don’t agree mate .
He will be gone for under £65million and we won’t be bringing anyone in this summer . He should be £100 million and we should replace but we never replace the same window . Is it a mistake course it is .
That's very optimistic.

Unless……………

Enter PSG?
I doubt PSG are that interested. They already signed two cheaper options and still have to watch their spending with Mbappe's new contract. Real Madrid are another one but they are covered in midfield

Last edited:
It was never realistically going to happen this window.
It was the perfect opportunity for the usual negative, miserable arses to tell us over and over that we are Barcalonas woman and other such shite but as a club we aren't stupid and we certainly deserve more credit than is afforded by sections of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.