Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s dependent on pep wanting gundogan to go mate? Or I guess gundogan wanting to go? He seems settled so would signing Bellingham not confuse things further for player time?
No. I think the club will know that it has to be this summer. If we don't show him that commitment Bellingham will go somewhere else. Pep will let gundo go cause he let's all players leave if they want to do as you say or depends on whether gundo wants to. His contract is up at the end of this season. He may want to renew, he may however fancy a return to the German league to finish his career.
I know most will disagree but I'm easy as yo whether we get Bellingham or not. It's template likes of Bernarfo and kdb in a few years I'm more thinking abou....Bellingham doesn't replace either of those two players. We are buying potential with Bellingham....lots of hype as per usual with young English players. He could be a world beater..he could just be another very expensive addition to the squad

No. I think the club will know that it has to be this summer. If we don't show him that commitment Bellingham will go somewhere else. Pep will let gundo go cause he let's all players leave if they want to do as you say or depends on whether gundo wants to. His contract is up at the end of this season. He may want to renew, he may however fancy a return to the German league to finish his career.
I know most will disagree but I'm easy as yo whether we get Bellingham or not. It's template likes of Bernarfo and kdb in a few years I'm more thinking abou....Bellingham doesn't replace either of those two players. We are buying potential with Bellingham....lots of hype as per usual with young English players. He could be a world beater..he could just be another very expensive addition to the squad

Yeah I agree mate but I think pep will leave it in Gundogans hands to be honest.

Bellingham doesn't have to replace Bernardo or KDB. Bellingham might be the next cornerstone of Pep's next team. We didn't necessairly replace Yaya when he left. There is no one who can match KDB so looking for the new one is pointless right now. Bellingham coming in could mean a shift in tactics and style of play. However, I don't doubt he is capable of learning a new role if he needed to.

And Pep is starting the next football evolution where flank play to a goal scoring centre forward will dominate for the next few years…Hence the purchase of the Norwegian cave troll and our WC winner.
Bernie will obviously fit but we have all seen Gundogan struggle in a four man midfield(much as I love him) I think Rodders will move eventually into a back four,so a midfield engine makes sense.

I agree Bellingham is potential, but we always do this -buy before we need. I can see us playing 442 much more. Although a pep ball 442 with full backs and defenders playing in midfield. It will be fascinating where Phil plays.

Yeah I agree mate but I think pep will leave it in Gundogans hands to be honest.
That's what I said. But I think even if gundo stays we will still try and sign Bellingham..we will just be overstocked for a season and it gives Bellingham time to settle and adapt to the prem.

Bellingham doesn't have to replace Bernardo or KDB. Bellingham might be the next cornerstone of Pep's next team. We didn't necessairly replace Yaya when he left. There is no one who can match KDB so looking for the new one is pointless right now. Bellingham coming in could mean a shift in tactics and style of play. However, I don't doubt he is capable of learning a new role if he needed to.
While I sort of agree, yaya wasn't integral to the way we play under pep. Both kdb and Bernardo are.
I guess if I'm honest that I just don't believe that at present Bellingham is on the same level as these players we are talking about. Potential.....yes but there is also a lot of hype around him and I don't believe that all of it is deserved.
For instance, Alvarez who is only a year or two older is a more accomplished player than Bellingham in his position
None of this is the players fault of course and he could go on to be a world beater.

PSG came In for him last day of the transfer window but too late
For city to contemplate selling him. Wonder if PSG come back in for him this January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.