Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also unlike Oscar has a pocket full of medals, as said after Istanbul , club wise he has it all.

He not only sets himself up for life but his extended family, it's insane money on offer.
He already has an estimated net worth of £50 million

He's already for sale for something around €70m - If he wants to go there, and we get that kind of offer I'd imagine the club will accept. There may be a small premium to tie it up quickly, but I'd be surprised if they'd just give us an extra 50-60m just because they have it.

Considering Maguire went to United for 80m, I'd want easily 30m more than that.

I'm sure they will pay over the odds because they are desperate to put their league and their brand on the map.

By signing a player like Bernardo, it will certainly help to achieve it.

Why on earth people are happy with us being lowballed for a genuine world class footballer is beyond me.

For everyone expecting a big ammount for Bernardo haven’t we told his agent he can go for 70m euros I can’t see us pricing Bernardo out of a move wanting 100m

Yes, and Bernardo would probably be angry if we all of a sudden raised the fee significantly.
I get this logic, but then, I understand he will not be taking 2m quid per week, but 200-300k only? I am sure he gets that they need to pay him more, the same way they need to pay us more. They pay him more because Saudi Arabia doesn't have a strong league, and they pay us more because they are known to overpay for players. For example, recently, they paid 50m for Neves. What's Bernardo worth, then? Having said all that, for me, 100m quid and they can have him. Let's not be unrealistic.

If it's true, that's ridiculous. He's still more than capable of playing at the elite level, which Saudi Arabia most certainly isn't. Can his motivation really be solely financial? I'd imagine that, after 6 seasons with us, he's hardly short of a bob or two (and he doesn't strike me as the sort to have blown it all on coke, booze and hookers). But hey; the weather will certainly be less wet/cloudy (might be a tad warm in the middle of summer though). Whether everyone would call it "better" could be open for a Mrs Merton style debate.

Think I’d lose a bit of respect for him if he went to SA. He’s always said he loves the club but gave the impression it was more external factors as to why he’d want to go. Can’t exactly imagine the lifestyle of being in SA is better than being here even if it is a lot sunnier. To be fair though, and for this reason, I can’t see him going there and I’d be really disappointed to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.