Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite City player since the moment I first saw him in our shirt. theres clearly no one out there we can buy who can replace him at the moment. So, keep him for a year, let him go on a free and by that time there maybe a future bernardo to get in. Certainly can’t afford to lose him when KDB is missing the start of the season too.

I just don't see that £60m generated from his sale would impact what we have available to spend on other targets one way or another though. We've bought and sold well in recent years, we have tonnes of prize money and our owners are already minted. In a summer where Gundogan has already left, if we haven't identified a truly world class player to come in this summer who can play at his or Bernardo's level, then I honestly think another year of Bernardo's services is worth more to us than 60m. If he was causing trouble in agitating for a move then that's a different story but from what I can gather he's been professional and pragmatic about the whole thing. City didn't stand in his way of leaving last summer, it was the team that actually wanted him that was the problem (Barcelona) in that they had no money.
It’s more about standing by our word than the business aspect for me; he’s probably the most unique player in Europe, and 60m gets you his left nad; let him run it down if he doesn’t want to renew as one thing he has reinforced is he won’t down tools, his love for the game won’t allow it…

Now if we’ve given our word, he should be afforded the ability to choose; I know we’ve had this debate over our elite players being replaced over the years but my god, of all of them I personally think he would be the hardest; the loss of his desire, let alone skill set, doesn’t bare thinking about!!

Have we ever turned down a reasonable offer for him, or any offer. If no one stumps up the cash he stays.
I think we turned down a big offer from PSG last summer because it was too late in the window.

It’s more about standing by our word than the business aspect for me; he’s probably the most unique player in Europe, and 60m gets you his left nad; let him run it down if he doesn’t want to renew as one thing he has reinforced is he won’t down tools, his love for the game won’t allow it…

Now if we’ve given our word, he should be afforded the ability to choose; I know we’ve had this debate over our elite players being replaced over the years but my god, of all of them I personally think he would be the hardest; the loss of his desire, let alone skill set, doesn’t bare thinking about!!
Give him contract with a clause £100m to a European / Saudi team only
That way he gets a rise for his great work and we get to extend until he is 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.