Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that true?
Yep. Expats who live/work in the Middle East have Asian maid's/house keeper's. And the rest you can use your imagination as Saudis don't have a great record for human rights and women's freedom. I wouldn't imagine a Saudi fella who doesn't let his wife drive a car is hardly going to wash the dishes or clean the shitter.

Bernardo is a brilliant footballer, no doubt. An energizer bunny of an engine.

Alas, he apparently stayed and was quiet last season in the knowledge that he could leave this season.
The whole world knows he wants out.
He has zero pace.
He can go for nothing soon.
45M is a “respectful” figure that balances affordability with his desire to leave and his remaining contract length.

1) What did we pay for him?
2) Did we get the best years of his career?
3) What are we willing to sell him for?
4) What was the net cost for those years of brilliance?

What did they hate about it?
The weekend migration from KSA to Dubai is huge, 150/200k, for 8 months a year.

They love the freedom, choices,quality and class of the city.

They spend an unbelievable amount of money whilst they're there.

KSA will be a mega destination in 20 years all the major global brands are already there are have made their plans /reservations.

Watch this space

Bernardo is a brilliant footballer, no doubt. An energizer bunny of an engine.

Alas, he apparently stayed and was quiet last season in the knowledge that he could leave this season.
The whole world knows he wants out.
He has zero pace.
He can go for nothing soon.
45M is a “respectful” figure that balances affordability with his desire to leave and his remaining contract length.

1) What did we pay for him?
2) Did we get the best years of his career?
3) What are we willing to sell him for?
4) What was the net cost for those years of brilliance?
What we paid for him is not all that material in deciding what his current value is. I mean players that cost nothing are going for hundreds of millions euros or close to that. Bernardo may not have pace but when you look at what he brings to teams, you cannot help but appreciate his value. He is not a winger so pace is not a deal breaker to anyone that might be interested. Right from his days at Monaco where he and his lads had a great UCL showing he’s gone from strength to strength. Will £45m give you any reasonable value in the current market for an attacking midfielder? Now consider that he was a vital cog in the wheel of a team that just won the treble, shouldn’t that strengthen our hands in the negotiations rather than weaken it?

It isn’t amongst my favourite cities, but a shithole far from it. It’s way above Manchester in cities I’d live in if I was given his choices.
I've read comments from posters in recent weeks on here insisting that Istanbul and Athens are also shitholes; this, no doubt, from people who have never actually visited these cities. I agree though, it takes a brass neck to describe Paris in such terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.