Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t blame him for wanting to live in the sun. What I can’t let him get away with though is trying to leave before his contract has ended. If he didn’t want to stay for this long, he shouldn’t have signed a contract for that amount of years. He’s trying to have his cake and eat it. If he saw his contract out and then said ‘I’m off’ I’d have no issues and wish him all the best. If I was him I’d be fully expecting to see the contract that I signed out unless another club paid a fee that City were happy with (which is looking increasingly unlikely as the days go by).
Unfortunately I really don’t think we can hold him to that. I agree that in any other walk of life, you sign a contract and you should expect to be there for x amount of time. But not at top level football.

The easiest thing for Bernado would have been to not join City in the first place. If prospective signings from Spain, Portugal etc knew that they are going to be held at City for 4/5 years, even if they can’t settle, then it would make it massively more difficult to sign them in the first place.

City have to be realistic in that we can’t offer what some clubs can regarding the weather, culture, geography. So we have to be flexible on players leaving and should Bernado actually want to leave, then his exit would just be part of that give and take. In any case, for every player that leaves, we’ve had many more like David Silva who are here for the football and don’t give a shit about the rest. And Bernado is not even close to the player that Dave was, so I’m not too arsed personally.

If he wants to go, fine, but make sure we don't do them/him any favours by lowballing a valuation. I don't think we will.

We pulled their pants down and gave them a tickle by having them pay £50m+ for Ferran fuckin' Torres so I can't see us selling them Bernie for £80m just because he wants to leave.

Football is just a business at the end of the day. Popularity means nothing really. Leaves us with 2 options:

1. Players wants to go -> club sets valuation -> another club meets valuation -> player leaves

2. Players wants to go -> club sets valuation -> no other club meets valuation -> player stays

@FantasyIreland I found the Bernardo interview, but for some reason my options to post links, images, bold text etc are greyed out??? If any mods can have a look at that I'd be grateful. However, luckily I found it on Twitter, but you'll have to copy & paste the link, as I can't hyperlink it for the reasons outlined above

Bernardo was asked about his immediate Manchester City future & his first response was "I'm not sure" followed by stuttering & his eyes shifting about & then he gave the standard "I'll always give 100% etc... )(

Both seem to subordinate their professional life for the wishes of their wives

1515300106512.gif

I find it somewhat bizarre that, despite no real movement or noise on this, no improvement in Barcelona's financial position, no club convincing DeJong to leave, Pep saying Bernardo is generally happy and the club want him to stay, Bernardo saying nothing at all, and the window getting closer and closer to timing any big moves out, this thread has collectively convinced itself that Berbardo is actually closer to joining them, rather than less likely. Through nothing other than our own cyclical discussions and takes on it.
All because he was on the bench at the weekend.

Embroiled in a needless distraction with Bernardo. Player signed a contract but now wants to move due to lifestyle. Interested club have no money after being run badly now for 5/6 years. City, innocent party in the whole affair have set a price the buyer can’t pay.

Impasse here with nothing but aggro. For me personally, time to tell the player he can’t leave this season. Normally an unhappy player is not good for the dressing room but this is Bernardo so we should not have to worry. His character is not a problem.

Bottom line, set a deadline for Bernie and Barca to sort out a resolution and then move on until next summer if one can’t be found. Bernie move out to the suburbs for a season and stop moaning. Long life after football.

@FantasyIreland I found the Bernardo interview, but for some reason my options to post links, images, bold text etc are greyed out??? If any mods can have a look at that I'd be grateful. However, luckily I found it on Twitter, but you'll have to copy & paste the link, as I can't hyperlink it for the reasons outlined above

Bernardo was asked about his immediate Manchester City future & his first response was "I'm not sure" followed by stuttering & his eyes shifting about & then he gave the standard "I'll always give 100% etc... )(

But I'm off as soon as I can.

Am I the only one who wants this saga to be done and dusted so that we don't have to stress about it every single window? I love B.Silva, but if he's bound to leave anyways, let's get this deal done, sign a LB + his replacement ( Paqueta preferably ), move on to create more amazing history, and wish him luck trying to get his salary off Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.