Bersant Celina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to him but I've got to be honest I'm pretty disappointed that only one youth player is involved today and he only makes the bench. Starting to lose hope that we will see much of the youth lads. It must be incredibly frustrating at the moment for the eds players

There is such a positive vibe around our youth teams especially since Vieira took over, and also the now coach took over the u18 teams and also they performed generally well both in league and also in Uefa Youth cup last season and this season too, only thing missing now is some playing time in first team. But if few of them didnt get that vs Wednesday at home even as sub, hard to think they would get that in any really important league game or versus Barca in CL or any (possibly stronger than Wednesday )FA Cup opponent.

Maybe next year...

I honestly think unless we start with some EDS players they are not likely to get chances, the sole reason being that in most cup games since last january we have been trailing which requires the use of subs like Silva and Nasri in place of squad players. If we have the EDS players, at worse we'd have to sub them for Silva and Nasri, who are usually going to be needed anyways (or so is the pattern), so why not start with 1 or 2 young ones

Great performance from him today, truly inspired pick by Pellegrini and yet another one of our Academy lads given a first team opportunity. Under our current manager our U21s must have a real zip around the place knowing how they will be given a chance in the first team

Has to be said though, no matter Neville's fears over people beating him in the air, Angelino couldn't do a worse job than Kolarov has the last couple of games. Being beaten in the air is still better than the guy winning the header unmarked as Kolarov is 30 yards upfield strolling back, at least he mights stop the odd attack along the ground.

Angelino and Pozo are the two left who I think could or should be around the first team squad, maybe Ntcham as well, the rest of the better players are all still a bit green, most are still only in their first season even in the EDS so still have a lot to learn at that level from Paddy. Most of the ones who are both talented and more experienced are out on loan, but you'd hope they'd be really pushing next year (Lopes, Denayer, Fofana) Today didn't look a game for inexperienced 17/18 year olds, some of those tackles would of snapped them in half.

dannybcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Did any of you lot watch the game today? Was hardly a time to blood a kid

Exactly, I'm sure the young lad would have got his chance had we gone a few goals up.

I was at the game today, & I saw a really really shit side, with no attacking ideas or skill whatsoever, who left numerous gaps at the back, go 1-0 up against a City team without a single genuine creative player, the worst left back in the world, & a 36 year old second striker, & gradually get comfortable in the game due to the utter lack of ideas from the Premier League team.

As soon as Silva & Nasri came on, it was a matter of whether we could get the goals required in 30 mins.

It was a perfect day for kids. What it absolutely wasn't, was a day for old men & half arsed wankers.

I agree Angelino would have been better than Kolarov btw, but that doesn't mean anything, as I would also have been better than Kolarov & so would my mother.

But there would have been no problem playing Angelino today, or Barker, or Celina. None of them would have been worse than most of the players on the pitch & all are better than Helan, who played for Sheff Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.