Bert Trautmann - R.I.P

I'm still getting emotional about this. I knew this day would come, but the huge sense of sadness is overwhelming.

We've lost great players and managers in the past, but I felt such a connection with Bert. Having met him several times and going to his sons house to explain to him how much of a legend Bert was, it's still a shock.

It's not just that he was such a great player, he was such a fantastic human being that it's so sad that people like him have to go.

(There's a book of condolence at the National Football Museum, and you can also see Bert's neckbrace and a lock of his hair he gave to his nurse as a thank you for looking after him.)

The Mighty goalkeeper legend Bert Trautman. He was the main reason for me supporting Manchester City in the early fifties and will forever be my hero

Rest in Peace Bert

What wonderful tributes to a great man. He lived his life with grace, courage and humility.

A life well lived. RIP Bert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.