Best 5 Films you have ever seen?

Seven Samurai
Rollerball
The Straight Story
Inception
Evil Dead II
Rollerball is one of the most underrated 70's Sci-Fi classics. Love of the Dystopian Sci-Fi of the 70's. Reflects the hangover of the 60's optimism for social change. As do political thrillers, "All The Presidents Men". "Three Days of the Condor" etc.
Evil Dead II is the best of its genre of Horror/Comedy with American Werewolf in London". Brilliant films by two great directors. Don't know what happened to John Landis' career. Given the brilliance of his films you'd think he'd be still be making films. Certainly a lot more than he has.

Rollerball is one of the most underrated 70's Sci-Fi classics. Love of the Dystopian Sci-Fi of the 70's. Reflects the hangover of the 60's optimism for social change. As do political thrillers, "All The Presidents Men". "Three Days of the Condor" etc.
Evil Dead II is the best of its genre of Horror/Comedy with American Werewolf in London". Brilliant films by two great directors. Don't know what happened to John Landis' career. Given the brilliance of his films you'd think he'd be still be making films. Certainly a lot more than he has.

Great films. On John Landis' career though, one of the actors and 2 kids were decapitated by a helicopter on the set of one of his films, Twilight Zone the movie, he has said that incident really affected his career which is understandable i suppose!

star wars
quadrophenia
halloween
one flew over the cuckoo's nest
mission impossible 2 ( its so over the top i love it)
and i'm having a sixth - the shawshank redemption

honorable mentions to

kes
brassed off
the full monty
holiday on the buses
oliver
schindlers list
die hard
rocky
back to the future 1 and 2
empire strikes back
its a wonderful life
rear window

The Italian Job (original, duh)
Harold and Maude
Koyaanisqatsi
Runaway Train
Fitzcarraldo (or any Werner Herzog film, tbh)

Ah, thanks for that, that definitely explains it!
Great films. On John Landis' career though, one of the actors and 2 kids were decapitated by a helicopter on the set of one of his films, Twilight Zone the movie, he has said that incident really affected his career which is understandable i suppose!

The Seventh Seal
Chinatown
Cinema Paradiso
The Seven Samurai
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.