Best acoustic guitar songs

I prefer Jeff Buckley’s version.
There’s a ton of live versions by him on YouTube and each one is as brilliant as the next, he never fails.
However this is an outtake from the Grace album, which has a mistake in it, he stops briefly and resings the first verse.
But I think it is absolutely outstanding for the guitar work as much as the emotion that he brings as always.

Last edited:
When I first started learning the guitar (I was a piano player then switched in my early teens) these were my go to ones when learning -

Blackbird by The Beatles
Street Spirit by Radiohead
Harvest Moon by Neil Young
Pink Moon and Black Eyed Dog by Nick Drake
The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel
Don’t think twice it’s alright by Dylan
Redemption Song by Bob Marley
I started with Blackbird, too.
Loved finger picking.

I haven’t picked up the guitar in years. I think I’d have to teach myself all over again.

If you want to see musicianship to blow your mind, get a load of Jon Gomm below. Absolutely spellbinding to watch this fella live.

Impressive.
I know he has a pick-up that help him get the effects, but to be able to be able to sing, do percussion, rhythm and play while detuning and tuning strings etc is pretty mind blowing alright.

I prefer Jeff Buckley’s version.
There’s a ton of live versions by him on YouTube and each one is as brilliant as the next, he never fails.
However this is an outtake from the Grace album, which has a mistake in it, he stops briefly and resigns the first verse.
But I think it is absolutely outstanding for the guitar work as much as the emotion that he brings as always.

He was sublime with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.