Best areas to rent property in Manchester

I rented in Monton for a few years. Decent location, imo. Just avoid the Blue Bell. Possibly the most Raggish pub in Greater Manchester.

It not like that anymore mate. had a refurb recently and is now more of a restaurant. they don't show any live sport now. It's a half decent boozer now. I agree though it used to be rag central!

Bridge to Manchester? Looking more like 25 mins and that's if they are on time
Some trains are but I think services and times may be different now since covid restrictions. Bridge to Victoria is averaging 16 minutes whilst trains to Piccadilly seem to be averaging a bit longer for whatever reason. Fastest to pic was just over 10 minutes which is good.

I read in the MEN on Tuesday that Metrolink have plans to extend the line from Ashton to Stalybridge. It said that Tameside councillors and residents (at a meeting) were arguing and many don't want the link. I don't think it's a good idea personally as the train and bus service can cope as it is. Would be ideal for me though going to the stadium but it takes ages as it is from Ashton with all the tram stops.

The question was 'Best areas to rent in Manchester' and all these out of towners/Cheshire set come wading in with their views on where they live. Read the topic title ;-)

Some trains are but I think services and times may be different now since covid restrictions. Bridge to Victoria is averaging 16 minutes whilst trains to Piccadilly seem to be averaging a bit longer for whatever reason. Fastest to pic was just over 10 minutes which is good.

I read in the MEN on Tuesday that Metrolink have plans to extend the line from Ashton to Stalybridge. It said that Tameside councillors and residents (at a meeting) were arguing and many don't want the link. I don't think it's a good idea personally as the train and bus service can cope as it is. Would be ideal for me though going to the stadium but it takes ages as it is from Ashton with all the tram stops.

yeah its supposedly going up mossley road (used to live on the road)

Dont' blame if residents dont want it

It not like that anymore mate. had a refurb recently and is now more of a restaurant. they don't show any live sport now. It's a half decent boozer now. I agree though it used to be rag central!

The food is bloody good as well.

Ah right. Last time I was in there was a long time ago. It was when Roy Carroll 'saved' the ball over a metre behind the line.

I guess all the Rags are now at the Top House, assuming it is still there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.