Best away boozers

Corner Flag for Arsenal - about a mile and a half from the ground so no one goes in it, preferable for a busy 2 4 1 pub at blackburn or a wetherspoons full of united fans.

To be honest I don't like "away" pubs, just a rip off and packed, cans outside is normally better than the pub.

Is that the one where we could stand outdoors? Last time we went a football was being booted around, the local bobbies were so friendly. Does anyone remember going in the Leaking Boot in Cleethorpes before the Grimsby game in April 2000, I had been made redundant the day before and was pretty pissed off but my mates rallied and we had a top day out, ginger haired lad sang “we love you City we do” song in opera style in the beer garden, sign saying “away fans only”!
I remember this think they Nick named him pavo lol. Absolutely red hot day think we drew 1,1 as well

Is that the one where we could stand outdoors? Last time we went a football was being booted around, the local bobbies were so friendly. Does anyone remember going in the Leaking Boot in Cleethorpes before the Grimsby game in April 2000, I had been made redundant the day before and was pretty pissed off but my mates rallied and we had a top day out, ginger haired lad sang “we love you City we do” song in opera style in the beer garden, sign saying “away fans only”!
Think it was 98 as well mate

I always found the Queens near West Ham’s ground friendly. West Ham fans hate Man Utd and Spurs as much as we do, especially the latter so always had good banter in there.

Best place to drink before a game for me (not one specific pub) is Putney High Street before Fulham away. Few pints, bit of nosebag the. Walk over the bridge, through the park and into a proper ground. Fulham away was always my favourite. I’ll probably go this season if I can blag a ticket.

Lion and the Lamb at Euston was great. Cambridge next to Roker Park and the Irish Centre nr St James's Park.

Is the Lion & Lamb still going near Euston?
Worlds End V Gillingham at Wembley was a good day.

Lion & Lamb, 2 Drummond Street, Euston Road NW1
Closed circa 2005 and converted to residential use.
The former pub's address is now 2 Doric Way.

30tjj1c.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.