Best band you've seen live?

Seen some great acts but the greatest live performers were The Ramones.
Great thing about the Ramones is if you don’t like a song it’s only 2 minutes of your life anyway, got the “best of” on my playlist and absolutely love every track, great band. Interesting dynamic between them and one of the original East Cosst Punk bands MC5, Kick Out the Jam, Motherfuckers :-).

Depeche Mode
Nine Inch Nails
Hot Chip
Chic (You can't have that many hits, plus be that brilliant musically and not be good live).
Paul Carrack

Oasis, Maine Road, 1996 on the Saturday.

They nailed it and the crowd were eating out of the palms of their hands - like the band or not, they were on the crest of a wave around that time.

Shed Seven and The Charlatans have always been excellent the times I've seen them.

Have to give a mention to The Music, who supported The Charlatans around 2001ish - I'd never heard of them before, but that live performance made me a fan as they were excellent
I went to both Saturday and Sunday..jibbed in both times, but on the Sunday, I jibbed through the Kippax turnstile and the steward grabbed my brand new Lacoste shirt and it ripped off my back. Gutted! But that's what you get for not paying haha! The best time I ever seen Oasis was at V festival in 2005. They were headlining and closing the Sunday night at about 10 ish. Immediately before them Kaiserchiefs were on and were fucking brilliant! I remember thinking it'd be hard to follow that,because
they'd been very underwhelming the last few times I'd seen them. Liam came out with this usual swagger and fuckin smashed it! Best I've ever seen them and I've been to 10 Oasis gigs. Still pissed off I didn't go to Knebworth. I've seen Charlatans a few times and they were very good,still are, and Shed seven were brilliant, seen them in the late 90s(think either Appollo or Acadamy but times a thief).

Prince montreux 2009

4 Piece band and it was simply incredible, never a fan of his till that night, I simply did not realise what an incredible musician he was, and what a guitar play, has to be one of the greats.

Always loved the Clash but as years go by Bruce Springsteen has been a great musician I’ve seen quite a few times.

Back in the day, Nazareth, Rainbow, Slade amongst others, recently Paul Heaton and Jacquie Abbot, Buzzcocks, (just before Pete Shelley died) ELO, seen Oasis quite a few times.

Elephant ITR, first gig I ever went to was the Paedo GG, at the Hard Rock in Stretford, doubt anyone here was there, about 1974, feels weird looking back.

I was at the HardRock for that GG concert. I was in Ralph's Records in town and a bloke came in giving tickets away to record shops.
Went with a girl who insisted on going to the front and we got covered in glitter when GG threw handfuls over the sweaty audience.
I must have looked a right twat going home on the bus.
To be honest, I remember it being a really good show!

The Bonzo Dog Do-Dah Band 1970 ish. Great music, great comedy, great FX.
”I’m the Urban Spaceman, baby, I‘ve got Speed….” Neil Innes.
I was going to post the Bonzo’s in 2006 when the briefly reformed and toured with Ade Edmondson and Phil Jupitus but I thought no one else would understand.
I saw them at Manchester Apollo theatre and it was the most joyous, fun filled evening in a theatre I have ever experienced.
Audience dressed in weird outfits, holding up placards with “clap” and “applause” on them. Neil Innes cracking everyone up, Legs Larry Smith in his pomp. I was crying with laughter at Jazz, Delicious Hot, Disgusting Cold.
The faces on everyone as they left showed what a great evening it had been.

Bring Me the Horizon at Sheffield Arena in September 2021. First big gig after the pandemic, one of the first gigs (lead vocalist) Oliver Sykes had ever played sober, and their biggest ever homecoming gig in Sheffield. And they destroyed the place, honestly. I'm up and down on their recorded material - love some of it, less keen on other bits - but they pulled together nearly two decades of stylistic and aesthetic upheaval into one tight, cohesive set that brought the house down. Got pretty emotional during the final song (below) because I honestly thought, at stages during lockdown, that I'd never experience a night like this again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.