Best butty

Corned beef and beetroot on thinly sliced brown bread.
Crisply unsmoked streaky bacon with poached egg with watercress and blue cheese on a fluffy white roll.
Ox tongue, lettuce, Tom, cucumber on thick sliced white bread.

Lovely if cooked right for sure.

Another way of doing it, which we had in Turkey some years ago, which was so good we got the recipe from the restaurant. Really simple too, basically a stir fry. Slice the liver and put into a plastic bag with flour, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Slice and fry an onion in veg oil, on low heat until really softened, add a sliced green pepper, cook through and then add the liver. Serve with rice. Luvverly jubberly.
I do something similar, trick is not to overcook the liver. Chicken livers done like this are excellent.

Did you speak the lingo, though?
Had to learn their dialect. Weird at times. I reckoned it was because of the location on the border of 3 counties. W Yorks, N Yorks and Lancs. Most people I knew there supported Burnley

Had to learn their dialect. Weird at times. I reckoned it was because of the location on the border of 3 counties. W Yorks, N Yorks and Lancs. Most people I knew there supported Burnley
Traditionally a Burnley stronghold from the days when it was the nearest Div one team—dirty Leeds a Div2 outfit in those days. It was a one bus journey from Skipton to Burnley and most of the Craven area supported Burnley. Burnley was said to have the highest gates in England as a proportion of its population. More Leeds these days. You have to go further East to find a Bradford supporter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.