Best butty

Med/rare fillet steak cut into strips placed on a warm crusty baguette that’s been lightly spread with aioli and topped with sautéed mushrooms and red onion then finished with a melted cheese.

Don't get me started on that - worked at home for about 30 years - always ended my day in the dining room catching up hand writing reports then latterly on line. I was about 10ft from a cooker, fridge and food cupboards. Made tea with fresh ingredients every night for the 4 of us. All this bollocks about fresh food being too dear - go look at the price of a frozen pizza or m/wave meal against a but of mice, some spuds, some pasta and the latter produces meals for best part of a week for cheaper. These "ping" food addicts are really too lazy and lack the skills so would rather watch The Chase than spend time in the kitchen. Cook a chicken on Sunday then strip the frame of all the meat and freeze in portions. Medium chicken is for Sunday - makes you a curry - then makes you a pie. Boil the frame and freeze that stock in portions you have the base of flavour for soups, gravy etc. I still make vats of tomato sauce for pasta - 10 cans value chopped toms at Lidl (less than 50p each ) one large onion - a garlic bulb - whatever mushrooms I have in whatever veg I have like carrots - any salad leaves looking a bit sad and just cook for yonks. Stick blender to puree it all then when cold portion it into sandwich bags and freeze. I do 20 bags at a time minimum. I worked in insurance and watched a few cookery shows - its about attitude and mind - if you want to well for yourself and family care what you eat and know whats in it and where it comes from.
You are absolutely right about the price of fresh food. Ready meals, pizzas etc etc are five times the price of fresh food; you just have to be selective and have basic cooking skills.

Anything on a butty is good. When I was younger I used to eat a pie on a butty or one of those little 8" pizzas between two slices of bread. Currently I like crisp butties, and cucumber sandwiches.
Pizza is a bread sandwich. Pizzas from the supermarket are just very expensive bread.

Yeah, I worked and lived in Eastburn (Between Keighley & Skipton) for a few years, only place I ever heard it.
Quite a lot of dialect spoken around that area even today. In the Robin Hood pub in Silsden, plenty speak nowt else.

Med/rare fillet steak cut into strips placed on a warm crusty baguette that’s been lightly spread with aioli and topped with sautéed mushrooms and red onion then finished with a melted cheese.
Oh, posh posh posh.
What’s wrong with a jam butty?
Your steak sarnie sounds great, can you send me one?

Also I love liver - mum did braised liver and bacon to die for. Most people who hate liver cite having it at school as their reason. At school it was a dry leather shoe soul you were served so I can see why.

Lovely if cooked right for sure.

Another way of doing it, which we had in Turkey some years ago, which was so good we got the recipe from the restaurant. Really simple too, basically a stir fry. Slice the liver and put into a plastic bag with flour, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Slice and fry an onion in veg oil, on low heat until really softened, add a sliced green pepper, cook through and then add the liver. Serve with rice. Luvverly jubberly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.