Best Chippy in South Manchester

Whittakers in Cheadle Hulme is good....but bloody pricey! Don't expect any change out of a fiver for fish and chips!
Fish is often small in portions too....the only thing I miss about North Manchester is being able to pop to Armstrongs for the jumbo cod! (feeds 3 people easily!)

honkytonkman187 said:
The Dolphin on Gorton Road in Reddish used to be brilliant. Anybody know if it's still good? I haven't been for a while

blue1970 said:
The Dolphin was a top chippy!

Ever been to Georges at the lights in Reddish?

Big G said:
honkytonkman187 said:
The Dolphin on Gorton Road in Reddish used to be brilliant. Anybody know if it's still good? I haven't been for a while

blue1970 said:
The Dolphin was a top chippy!

Ever been to Georges at the lights in Reddish?

The Dolphin nothing like as good as it was before new owners took over. Dropped from 9.5/10 to 7/10.

Best fish and chips I've ever had were Brett's, Headingly, Leeds. Consistently 10/10 and over past couple of years been there about 20 times.

Dennis.has.done.it said:
The Baths chippy in Chorlton is the best,the chippy in Stockport that wins is not the Davenport chippy (which used to be run by the people who used to run the Baths chippy ) but the one on Shaw road south,it a chinese but the chips are brilliant.If you need proof I will post photos of my big gut to prove it !!!

The Baths Supper Bar was the best in Chorlton but it went down hill when George sold up. I prefer Bella House as they don't leave bad/rotten chips in with the rest. I haven't tried Atlantic yet but the fish appear to be double the normal size.

liamctid said:
tony coleman said:
SOLS.......in Heald Green. No contest.

My Dad and Uncle mentioned this last night.

Better than the Hun Wang across the road!

Sols - Safest place for a Doner Kebab while yer sober.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.