Best Chippy in South Manchester

Blue82 said:
Probably doesn't help you much but i've got to say one of the best chippys in the region is Whittakers in Urmston. It won best chippy in the Uk last year:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1036544_success_on_a_plate_at_chippy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _at_chippy</a>

You can queue for almost an hour on Fridays, that's how good it is.

Also, Fish Hut on Liverpool Rd in town is good. An oasis in the chippy desert that is Manchester City Centre.

Agreed, I had the homemade steak and kidney suet pudding with chips and pudding.
Restaurant standard best chippy I've ever had.

If you haven't been to Whittakers then you haven't lived. I go there with my mate alot as hes diabetic and they have a special batter for fish there.

Got to be bernies on slack road blackley best fish @ chips in the whole of manchester.by the way its 27degrees at the moment here in brisbane watching the news overhere looks like your having some nice weather yourself so jealous. Anyhow will be watching the lads tomorrow coming on satalite about 5 oclock in the morning see you all soon.

blackley bluenose said:
Got to be bernies on slack road blackley best fish @ chips in the whole of manchester.

Dunno how I forgot about that,
Cracking chippy run by a proper decent bloke, not seen Bernie for a good 5 years at least.

The original Battered Cod at the Moseley Road end of Ladybarn Lane is best bet for the OP. There used to be a very good Chinese chippy at the Wilmslow Road and of Dickenson Road, behind Hardy's Well, called the Sunrise. Used to be great but I haven't been in for years though

sykes's near swinton (portions gone a bit small nowadays though)
wooden hut in diggle
holdsworth square-next to morrisons
crispy cod in new mills

all crackers!!
but not near o/p
used to go to one on precinct,ardwick green,opposite appollo...surprisingly good..one of lads at work got his workboots taxed off him coming out of here one dinner,we still went back it was that good

-dabz- said:
Whatever you do, steer clear of Yiannis in Gatley. The man is a complete twat.

That I am in full agreement of, He's got 1 just on the A560 to the right if your going from Wythrnshawe to Alty, dunno the name of the area.

LongLang said:
probably not worth the drive, but the best 2 chippys in the world are rays on haughton green road and the little wooden chippy behind the british legion in denton. the latter only opens at dinner and tea time though. best gravy in the world. ever. bar none.

Totally agree with the Denton one. Renfrews, Fish & gravy is superb, work near there & occasionally get my dinner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.