Best City away performances? (pre takeover)

That was the first I thought of, but I'll agree with Blackburn 4-1, Villa 5-1 and rags 2-1 in the Munich anniversary game just because so many people wanted us to get shafted that day.

Agree with the Munich game. The bile towards us in the week leading up to the game was as bad as anything we've had post-takeover. The thought of all the bottom feeding 'journalists' hastily re-writing their headlines still gives me a warm feeling inside.

We are impeccable!

Last edited:
Ipswich away in the FACup 2001. 4-1 when we were in the division below.
We lost a lot to Ipswich around that time so that was a great night indeed.
Just as good even though we lost 1-0 was Newcastle away in the next round.
Playing with 10 men for an hour after Richard Dunne got sent off against a top 4 side and we more then held our own in fact I thought we deversed to win missing 5/6 good chances in the game.

Other than obvious promotions games, the first that came to my mind was another Blackburn away. We won 3-2, Anelka scored from an acute angle and tarnat scored a free kick from about 300 yards out. Under Keegan

Leeds, away, in the cup when we were in Div 2, the year before we came up under Joe.
We lost, to a cheating Jack Charlton, but we played Leeds off the pitch that day and I knew we'd be OK.

Munich 50th year derby was good.

The two teams that day:

Van der Sar, Brown, Vidic, Ferdinand, O'Shea (Carrick 73), Nani (Park 64), Scholes, Anderson (Hargreaves 73), Giggs, Ronaldo, Tevez.

Hart, Onuoha, Richards, Dunne, Ball, Vassell, Ireland, Hamann (Jihai 84), Gelson, Petrov (Garrido 87), Mwaruwari (Caicedo 75).

Bradford City 2 - 4 CITY

Weds in October 87 - This was a cracker and so unexpected ~ hadn't won away for donkeys.... Paul Stewart in his pomp....

Great night....

Most frightening part is that this was nearly 30 years ago !

Villa away 5 -1 - great day in Brum followed by a brilliant performance.

6 - 1 at OT despite their 10 men - would have been easy to take the foot off the gas but so glad we didn't

Away at Wednesday under Keegan. Bernarbia!

Walking back to the station that day I got twatted by some Sheffield Utd fans coming back from wherever they'd been. They were being shadowed by a few of South Yorkshire polices finest. I said "did you see that" to one of them, he replied "fuck off back to Manchester"... think I actually burst out laughing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.