Best City player in 2014

There are few who I would say haven't had either a poor spell or a significant injury.

For me Joe Hart has been excellent since his time out of the team. Doesn't get the credit he deserves from a media which fawns over De Gea and Courtois.

Nasri has had his best 12 months at the club.

Zabaleta is Zabaleta. We all love him and with good reason. Most popular player since the Goat.

But the best, most consistent player for us is David Silva. He's a genius.

In my opinion

1. Toure: amazing and intimidating when he's in his prime, his domination was a big factor in winning the league
2. Aguero: simply the best PL striker, shame he was injured for the early part of the season, but he's best no doubt about it
3. Nasri: big factor in a large part of last season Jan - Apr, and now skillful and dominating games in Dec
4. Hart: need to give some credit to this man even if he had some challenging moments early this season
5. Silva: magical and recently even more so

the unsung hero is Martin Demichelis , he has been more consistent and injury free than vinny , he has been a superb signing , but my vote would be Merlin , he has proved to be the most influential player , and probably the best midfielder in europe for the last 12 months.

Universidad de Chile said:
Fernandinho for me...

Or, why not PELLEGRINI????
Quick clue; look in the thread title!

hUyu8zP.png

First half of the year Yaya last season not a midfielder playing better and who was more dangerous anywhere, second half of the year Kun who was as good as anyone in the world sept to nov

Overall though my bet would be on MDM, I didn't see anyone play better at the World Cup , he has brought Mangala on big time, he was playing a mile better than kompany at the end of last season and from feb to dec he has been superb in club and international football.

I think kompany and Mangala are better with him and I think in terms of the mental side of defending I have rarely seen better and he not messi was key to them making the finals, he marshalled a brilliant defensive performance by them

The only other player close for me was Saba for many of the same reasons I just think he was a little less influential than MDM particularly in the world cup.

All our others merlin, sammy, vinnie, yaya, etc have missed too many games, had bad patches etc and haven't had the longevity and where 12 month (11 for MDM) consistency

Despite his deficiencies (he is, after all, no Tom Cleverly) - the best player of 2014 has to be Yaya Toure.

Arguably our best ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.