Best City team since when - name the year.

the current attack could get on a par with the 69 attack........

the midfield would struggle as Colin Bell was the best player in the UK by a country mile........irreplaceable........would leave Gerrard standing.........

the defence however would struggle to get with the 69 lot, Given could be better than Big Joe.......but there is no Mike Doyle...... who had blue blood.............

so with our 30 man squad full of internationals.....we just have to get the balance right and who knows........

BlueMo' said:
76/77 without doubt.
Fantastic team.
Magical days at Maine Rd, Ipswich 2-1 (Watsons header)
L'pool I-I (that was the point)
Denis Tueart king of all Geordies and all that.
I was 13, thats why i'm CTID.
Bring on the Champions, that's what we sang, and for the 1st time since then
i believe it,
CTID[/quote

Maybe i was a little rash with the "without doubt" comment.
I was talking about the team i saw in real life at Maine Rd.
I realise the 68/70 team were the business and thats why i was drawn
but i was only 6 or 7 nobody took me to Maine rd atthat time .
My Dad was an Irish Leeds fan.
So going off trophies alone i'm wrong the team from 68/70 was prob the best
but for me it's Tony Books
Hope that makes sense

blue mo your comment does make sense............and your father being a Leeds fan.. managed by the great City player .........Revie

The great David White and Niall Quinn up front, Megson and Reid in the engine room, 2 consecutive top 5 finishes.

The 5-1 away at Villa being one of the high points. Quinn got second to Alan Smith in Golden Boot comp finishing ahead of Mark Hughes, and City finished ahead of United as well.

76/77 what a side
80/81 another great team
but 23rd Sept 1989 what a day , what a tea , what a result.

Corky said:

The great David White and Niall Quinn up front, Megson and Reid in the engine room, 2 consecutive top 5 finishes.

The 5-1 away at Villa being one of the high points. Quinn got second to Alan Smith in Golden Boot comp finishing ahead of Mark Hughes, and City finished ahead of United as well.

Then as a 15 year old can someone please tell me how that decade went tits up after tow consecutive top 5 finishes?!?! was it the sacking of peter reid thing...?

Yes its a squad "thing" but one day I hope to see the team pick itself

A bit Like mid-field

Beckham Keane Scholes Giggs, no abuse please, i would love to see
Wright-Phillips De Jong Ireland Robinho, picked in the same way.

Best team in answer? 71-72 gutted lost by a point, pure fantasy as a line up though bit like now.

blu4life said:
Corky said:

Then as a 15 year old can someone please tell me how that decade went tits up after tow consecutive top 5 finishes?!?! was it the sacking of peter reid thing...?

We finished 9th the season after with a load of injuries, e.g. we had to get laon players off 2nd division clubs rather thna Swales back Reid anymore. You got moaners on about the style of football, how we should be challenging for the title etc. We were top 5 through a lot of hard work and motivation by Reid, whenwe lost him we suffered. We protested Swales out to get Franny in, but he was worse. We missed the premier league boat cus of it, only just getting back on track with Frank ad ADUG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.