Best concert you've ever attended...

Gorillaz Demon Dayz Festival at Margate pleasure Beach was a great day out
Really chilled atmosphere and great weather.

The Happy Mondays at Heaton Park 1991. From what I can remember, it was the best day ever!
James and Happy Mondays at the Ritz 1988.

The Who live at King's Hall, Belle Vue, in October 1975. It was one of my first gigs and has never been bettered. They were at their peak and bloody fantastic. I remember the crowd smashing up seats at the end. I was also at the equally boisterous Clash gig at the nearby Elizabethan Ballroom some years later. Belle Vue was a great venue in those days.

Best by a country mile has to be Depeche Mode in Paris in 1993 on the Devotional tour. Mind you, I've seen them a few times on every tour, even before they were famous, and they've never been bad.

Top marks also go to Faith No More at Hyde Park, The Dead South in the Roadmender, Status Quo in Wolverhampton for their Fab Four reunion, OMD at Cambridge Football Club and Billy fucking Idol in Birmingham O2 a couple of years ago.

Rammstein get a special mention for their MK gig 3 years ago. Blew everything up. Set fire to everything. It was amazing. Never seen a show like it. Was sitting in the directors box, never turn down free beer and food, and you could feel the heat every time something exploded.

Memories are weird, because I've seen Pink Floyd, Whitesnake, The Who, Iron Maiden, Metallica etc etc in their pomp and remember little. Probably because I was either pissed or they were part of a festival. Donnington/ Monsters of Rock/ Download is a bastard for this.

Oh, missed out ELO the other year in Birmingham. Made me cry. Top notch. As was War of the Worlds at the O2.

Shit live? Been lucky I suppose as there's not been many. James do my head in for not playing Sit Down and A-ha for being musically great but having the stage presence of a giant dried out turd. Muse at the Olympic Stadium a few years ago left me cold. Maybe because we were in the gods. But it felt formulaic.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.