Queen 1979 at the Apollo
Wings 1979 Same Venue
Kiss 1980 Bingley Hall
Rolling Stones 1982 Roundhay Park
Simple Minds 1986 Wembley Arena
The Cult 1990 Apollo
Rammstein this year at the MEN Arena

These are a few that stand out for me.

Saw Queen at this gig - absolutely brilliant.
Saw Wings too - absolutely not brilliant.
Georgia Satellites at the International - circa 1990

I'm on a roll now.

Mid/late 80s saw some great bands at the International.

I remember in November 1985 I saw Green on Red and The Rain Parade the evening after City beat Newcastle 1-0 (Lillis).

Saw IQ and Pendragon a couple of times, The Damned Xmas concert (1986?) was memorable as well as Zoot and Roots New Year do (1987?)

difficult to narrow down to just one, though if it has to be one, then Dead Kennedys at the Mayflower in Hulme, late 70's early 80's....

three school boys, one older brother driving - just wow!

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Prince at the Manchester Apollo...possibly the most talented musician of his generation...plays virtually every instrument

A poor man's Mike Oldfield.

york away to this! said:
difficult to narrow down to just one, though if it has to be one, then Dead Kennedys at the Mayflower in Hulme, late 70's early 80's....

Kennedys played at Mayflower in 81, didn't make the gig. As i mentioned earlier, saw them at the Polly in '80. Saw a few bands at the Mayflower and remember seeing Crass there. I can't remember where the Mayflower once was nowadays.

bluemoon risin' said:
york away to this! said:

Kennedys played at Mayflower in 81, didn't make the gig. As i mentioned earlier, saw them at the Polly in '80. Saw a few bands at the Mayflower and remember seeing Crass there. I can't remember where the Mayflower once was nowadays.

The Mayflower was on Hyde Road just past Belle Vue on the opposite side of the road. My mates all went to watch all the punk bands play there, they kept saying it was just a stage, bar and one light bulb hanging from the ceiling. I didn't believe them until they took me to see GBH play, fook me it was as described !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.