Best gig you've ever been to?

Oil everywhere! said:
bluemoon risin' said:
york away to this! said:
difficult to narrow down to just one, though if it has to be one, then Dead Kennedys at the Mayflower in Hulme, late 70's early 80's....

three school boys, one older brother driving - just wow!
Kennedys played at Mayflower in 81, didn't make the gig. As i mentioned earlier, saw them at the Polly in '80. Saw a few bands at the Mayflower and remember seeing Crass there. I can't remember where the Mayflower once was nowadays.

The Mayflower was on Hyde Road just past Belle Vue on the opposite side of the road. My mates all went to watch all the punk bands play there, they kept saying it was just a stage, bar and one light bulb hanging from the ceiling. I didn't believe them until they took me to see GBH play, fook me it was as described !
You describe the place well! Neville the Devil used to own the place, top guy. Saw loads of bands there , the Nags Head next door was our local, so plenty of free gigs and lock ins at the Mayflower. You for got to mention the dusty pool table and the leather sofa that nobody would sit on!!

The Clash, Deeside Leisure centre,went with these lads that went in my mam and dads pub,I was about 14 and it was a fucking madhouse.
The 2 Tone tour at the Apollo,around the same time,we were in the balcony and it was shaking like an earthquake.
Brian Wilson,State theatre Sydney,his voice was fucked but the backing band were the best musicians I've ever heard.
Prince,Wembley in the early '90's blew the crowd away that night.
Primal Scream,supported Chemical Brothers at the Hordern Pavillion Sydney and even the gurners were impressed.

Sensational Alex Harvey Band Edinburgh Odeon
The Clash everywhere
Costello at Dunfermline Kinema
Pistols in Glasgow SECC
Two Tone Tour tiffanys Edinburgh
Buzzcocks / Joy Division Odeon
Live Stiffs St Andrews
Primal Scream at Edinburgh Princess St gardens
Ramones at Belle Vue Manchester
New Order at Valentinos
Smiths at Calley Palley

aka blue jambo said:
Sensational Alex Harvey Band Edinburgh Odeon
The Clash everywhere
Costello at Dunfermline Kinema
Pistols in Glasgow SECC
Two Tone Tour tiffanys Edinburgh
Buzzcocks / Joy Division Odeon
Live Stiffs St Andrews
Primal Scream at Edinburgh Princess St gardens
Ramones at Belle Vue Manchester
New Order at Valentinos
Smiths at Calley Palley

Very impressive and very jealous ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.