Best gig you've ever been to?

daveduke67 said:
Aphex said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Definitely 96 my eldest daughter was -6 months old :-)

It can't have been mate

The Pulse gig was on channel 4 a few weeks (or months?) after I had been to Earl's court. I always remember as I lent a mate a copy of it which had my Floyd ticket in, and he returned it without the ticket saying he had lost it.. thieving git :(

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/concerts/pink-floyd-1994-earls-court-seating-collapse-report.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/concerts/ ... eport.html</a>

Honestly - haven't you two heard of Google ;-)

I was there just after the collapse too - went with a few friends of a friend. One said he'd been to London before and had an idea where it was - turns out he'd been to Chelsea once andthen said he didn't realise how big London was. The driver said it was ok as he had a map. That was a single page of an out of date road atlas that covered the whole of London. Ended up parking at a tube station car park and it costing us something like £18 twenty years ago.

That's the site I clicked too.. eventually :)

£18 sounds about right, I think it was £3.50 for a 330ml Calsberg then..!

Steve harley and the cockney rebels. at the orchard theatre datford sept 2005

the Who at the Queen Elizabeth Centre in Belle Vue circa 1975
they, and their fans, were fucking mental

all five Lynyrd Skynyrd gigs winter of 75

Bruce Springsteen at the NEC 1976

every time i saw Joy Division/Warsaw

Zen Guerilla - LA2, London circa 2000. They were on at 7.30pm on the sunniest Saturday evening I ever seen in London. Made the 100-capacity venue seem like a sweaty dive bar at 3 in the morning. Blew the Supersuckers offstage.

Spiritualized - Brixton Academy. Circa 2001. Came on after shitty Primal Scream at about four in the morning. drugs were wearing off it was getting boring waiting for them to come on but....

Dinosaur Jr Manchester Academy. Circa 1993. Mike Johnson (not Barlow) on bass. Support from Come and Bettie Serveert. Heavy as fuck.

The Buzzcocks with Joy Division as the support. King Georges Hall, Blackburn, around 1979/80

Asian Dub Foundation - Academy in 2004, amazing band.
Vandals - Highbury Garage in '97 great stage diving.
Smashing Pumpkins at the Arena for the Mellon Collie tour, huge mosh pit, bit dangerous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.