Best goal scoring defenders

The mention of Kolarov in the best City Snipers thread got me thinking, so out came Wikipedia - Kolarov 11 goals in 165 appearances mainly as a left back. But Bobby McDonald, in what has to be said was not the best side, returned 11 from 96. Quite how he would have fared in todays team Im not sure.
Which other prolific goal scoring defenders have we had ?
Richard Dunne in both nets?

Not for us, but Lescott got 10 and 5 in the two seasons before he joined us. I was expecting a proper goalscoring CB, but he never got more than 3 for us.

Colin Hendy was a pretty accomplished forward. Scored 2 in a derby where, surprise, surprise, we gave up a two goal lead.

He actually started upfront on a couple of occasions. Sheff. Wed. away I’m pretty sure was one of them.

West Brom Away?

Gave it all, though. A true warrior with heart
Yep. It was fecking freezing too.

Distin was a defender who I should have scored more. Good in the air, and skilful too - the goal at Villa, for example.

Though tbf for 2.5 years he did play under a manger who failed to get his team to score at home after Hogmanay.

Michael Tarnat and Keith Curle

I’m sure there were others but the only goal I can ever remember Curle scoring was that penalty at Old Trafford.

Which is one more than I remember Tarnat scoring to be fair.

The mention of Kolarov in the best City Snipers thread got me thinking, so out came Wikipedia - Kolarov 11 goals in 165 appearances mainly as a left back. But Bobby McDonald, in what has to be said was not the best side, returned 11 from 96. Quite how he would have fared in todays team Im not sure.
Which other prolific goal scoring defenders have we had ?

Without reading any other posts, my mind goes straight to the Dunney Monster who scored some crackers, unfortunately mostly in his own goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.