Best goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

Duncan McKenzie's totally brilliant goal against us, for Nottingham Forest in the FA cup in 1974 at The City Ground, Nottingham.....Shortly after this he signed for Brian Clough's Leeds side.

From the web:-

In 1974 Forest were a pretty ordinary second division side, other than McKenzie. That season, he became only the third Forest player to top the scoring charts in his division with 26 goals. In the fourth round of the FA Cup, McKenzie put on a one-man display, the like of which has not been seen since at the City Ground. He ran the Manchester City Defence ragged. He created two goals for Ian Bowyer and one for George Lyall before scoring himself. It was Duncan McKenzie 4 Manchester City 1 Forty one thousand fans watched McKenzie put them to the slaughter on Forest’s second ever Sunday game.

Apart from Aguerooooo!
1. Ali Benarbia's diving header late on against Aston Villa one Boxing Day at Maine Road
2. Eyal Berkovic's solo run and shot also at Maine Road after a throw from the goalkeeper.
3. The Bulgarian bloke with the bald head who won the game v. Germany at Giants Stadium in the World Cup in the U.S.
4. One by Bobby Johnstone long ago.

Yaya against Sunderland in the Cup final. What was funnier was that my dad was having a go at him for dilly dallying with the ball, earlier in the play, he said to me 'Why doesnt he just hit it??...about 4 seconds later he did and my word it flew.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
1. Kinkladze vs Southampton
2. Melrose vs Notts County
3. Ya Ya vs Sunderland (Wembley)
4. Jensen vs Leeds

......in that order

Not a bad selection at all but I prefer Tueart and Dickov at Wembley and, best of all, Aguero v QPR ;-)

Blackcrowes said:
Loads - but best headed goal that sticks out was Dave Watsons header v Ipswich - circa 76/77

One of my all time favourite goals. Not only was it the most fantastic of headers it was also a vital win against one of our title challengers, in the last few minutes of the game. Fantastic.

Dont forget Trevor Francis on his debut at Stoke. Also Cyril Regis at Maine Road.

Kinky goal against Southampton has to be the best. Ill never forget the reaction in the ground after the goal went in. I think everyone knew they'd seen a truly historic goal.

Kinky v Southampton last game I went with my old man. Just above the cross bar in the platt lane great memory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.