Best goal you've ever seen in the flesh?

Glen Hoddle on his debut for England it looked better than it was live. Here's a link to watch City players and soon to be City players. I love the traditional kits worn by both teams.

Anyway enjoy 8 minutes or so:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsAW1IQ17Ko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsAW1IQ17Ko</a>

i've been lucky enough to see plenty of belters

off the top of my head
jensen vs leeds
kinkladze vs southampton
robinho vs arsenal
tevez vs stoke
aguero vs liverpool
yaya & nasri vs sunderland

but the best for me are the ones that got the best crowd reactions, so apart from the obvious (aguero & dickov), i am going for both the goat's goals in the last maine road derby, paul simpson rounding the keeper in the 5-1 vs charlton and trevor morley's in the 5-1 vs the shite - i have never heard a crowd go quite so mad as they did when old mozzchops toe poked in the second

For me it would have to Kinky's goal against Southampton. I was with my brother and sister in the Main Stand and were in the ideal position to see it, about halfway down opposite the centre circle. I remember turning to my brother and sister and shouting "That's the best goal I've ever seen!" I even thought at the time I would never see a better City goal and I haven't since. I remember thinking it would win goal of the season but I think, if I remember rightly, it was Tony Yeboah with a great goal but no way near as great as Kinkladze's mesmeric dribble and chip.

Has to be Gio's goal against Southampton. IIRC it was shortly before Half time and the crowd was still in raptures after the teams had left the pitch. Great, great goal.

Best goal I've ever seen

Mike N said:
Blackcrowes said:
Loads - but best headed goal that sticks out was Dave Watsons header v Ipswich - circa 76/77

One of my all time favourite goals. Not only was it the most fantastic of headers it was also a vital win against one of our title challengers, in the last few minutes of the game. Fantastic.

Dont forget Trevor Francis on his debut at Stoke. Also Cyril Regis at Maine Road.

Kinky goal against Southampton has to be the best. Ill never forget the reaction in the ground after the goal went in. I think everyone knew they'd seen a truly historic goal.

For a long precision shot it would be Terry Cooke v Millwall
For a long power shot Tarnat v Blackburn
For running the length of the pitch past a whole team Terry Phelan v Spurs
For a precise impossible finish Anelka megs v Blackburn
Volley Jenson

However the most impressive to me was Distin at Villa, it was an astonishing turn of pace running twice the speed of a defender, and you don't expect that from a centre back in the opposition half to win a game.

aguero93:20 said:
BL2blue said:
aguero93:20 said:
Game in Selhurst Park, 99. Le tissier scored two worldies against Wimbledon, one from about 40 yards, the other direct from a corner, can't pick between them.

Why are you making stuff up you fucking ****

Care to explain that comment?

Still waiting, clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.