Best krautrock band/album

Rammstein wouldnt be classed as krautrock

Krautrock isnt just german rock bands....its a genre, style of (rock) music, although kraftwerk fall into it as well....predominantly german bands from the late 60s and early 70s.....psychedelic, cosmic rock.....often noted (but not definitively) for the repetitive, hypnotic drums (motorik beat).....

Joy Division and The Fall would both have been influenced by Krautrock......the german preferred the term Kosmiche Musik.... :-)
Cheers. I just assumed from the name that it was some kind of German spandex metal.

Cheers. I just assumed from the name that it was some kind of German spandex metal.
:-)

Theres quite a bit of contemporary krautrock stuff out there too....if you like an amazingly bonkers video...this is pretty cool track by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard

No wonder I'm confused. : )
LOL....it just got called krautrock as the origins of the genre came from german bands in the 60s and 70s....unsurprisingly, those german bands preferred the term Kosmiche Musik (Cosmic Music)....so bands, whether from germany or not who have that kinda sound still get called krautrock

LOL....it just got called krautrock as the origins of the genre came from german bands in the 60s and 70s....unsurprisingly, those german bands preferred the term Kosmiche Musik (Cosmic Music)....so bands, whether from germany or not who have that kinda sound still get called krautrock
I always get them mixed up with the jesus lizard until I hear them.

Really good especially loud as fuck

Finally got round to listening to this and it's great. Very Neu! But Conny Plank producing will do that.

One of my very favourite albums of all time was produced by Conny too.

So here's my favourite Krautrock-influenced album...

Vienna - Ultravox

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.