Best Live Bands?

AC/DC best rock band ever imo. Unfortunately, did not get to see Bon Scott but Brian Johnson was an excellent front man/leadsinger

He Picked me up once when i was hitching in mid 80's. Top bloke and offered me a job, which i turned down. Only found out he was with AC/DC years later. Bugger....

So, so many that I've seen. About 150 now. The top 10 different acts that I've Seen:
1. Queen (Maine Road - Status Quo were the support act!)
2. Muse x3
3. The Mavericks x3
4. The Rezillos
5. The Stranglers x3 (Black and White Tour @ Apollo was probably the best)
6. Ramones x2 (Rocket to Russia @ Free Trade Hall was probably the best - the night before the Stranglers @ Apollo)
7. The Sweet
8. Mungo Jerry
9. Gary Glitter (or is admitting to this banned now?)
10. Jean-Michel Jare

Saw Muse in Germany last week.. easily the best live gig I've been to.

AC/DC best rock band ever imo. Unfortunately, did not get to see Bon Scott but Brian Johnson was an excellent front man/leadsinger

I'm sure you know that clip of them playing "HIghway To Hell" at River Plate stadium? The most astounding four minutes of a rock clip, bar none, that I know of. And I'm not even an AC/DC fan. The Argentine crowd is in the band, plays it with them. There's no other way to describe it. Shivers down my spine every time I watch it.
Play it loud.

This is not quite the subject, but it's got me thinking of your top clips of bands playing live. Things you go back to again and again, that give you goosebumps every single time, like Sergio at 93.20. A few from my personal hall of fame, off the top of my head:
Talking Heads, Take Me To The River, the Stop Making Sense tour.
Bowie singing Heroes in Berlin.
George Michael singing Roxanne, London O2.
Roxy Music, Virginia Plain, London Apollo.
King Crimson, Sheltering Sky, Fréjus.
And obviously — Mercury and Queen at Wembley stadium.

The common thread: in every case, the audience/crowd is crucial. As with AC/DC above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.