Best Money you've ever spent ?

Oasis tickets at Maine Road

My best two purchases have a theme

Me and my ex got tickets for Oasis at Maine Road from an agency (basically a legalised tout!!)
We paid £150 for the two tickets which were, from memory, £17.50 each...........but money well spent!!

My second was a ticket for the Wembley play off final in 1999 - decided to travel down ticketless - we have to remember that back then we didn't know if it would ever be the only time we would see City at Wembley!!

Got the train from Norwich, bumped into a couple of Blues on the train who had tickets but didn't have any spare.

Around 20 minutes later one of the two City fans came looking for me saying his brother had a spare but wanted £50 for the £18 ticket - I told him I'd have it
Got to London done a few pubs with these two City fans and a couple of Gillingham fans who they knew and arranged to meet on Wembley Way at 2:30........I just wanted that ticket in my hand!!

But true to their word - and you have to remember not everyone had mobile phones in those days (I didn't) - the guy was there with the ticket and even though it was £18 face value, I gave him £55 to "get himself a drink"........because of the events of the match, it ranks as the best money I've ever spent - a City victory?? At Wem-ber-lee?? Who would have thought it in 1999!!!!

192301663_4111806795546298_4000056219899539742_n.jpg

As a newbie, I thought I'd shift the snow with a shovel..........and they laughed at me.

Apart from houses and things of substance, this is by far the best tool I've ever bought.

Attachments

• Snow Blower March 12 (1).JPG
    Snow Blower March 12 (1).JPG
    174 KB · Views: 47
Worked on the M25 for two years in the mid 90’s. Whilst some of the lads were paying a small fortune for digs I and a few others bought caravans which we pitched up in the compound. Paid £500 for it. Lived in it for 2 years with zero overheads then when I moved back up north I sold it for £300. So it cost me £2 per week to live in the Surrey stockbroker belt for 2 years

As a newbie, I thought I'd shift the snow with a shovel..........and they laughed at me.

Apart from houses and things of substance, this is by far the best tool I've ever bought.
A buddy of mine just bought one of these, I still do the walkways with my snowblower but am happy to give him $50 a time to clear the driveways off
761524D1-F869-477E-971A-330B25A169D1.jpeg

Also, decent solicitors to divorce my now ex wife following said fire, who showed her true colours in the aftermath
Sadly, the thought of ‘free money’ brings out the true nature of most people, mine even went after the money set aside for my kids from a previous marriage, what kind of low life fuckin tramp does that ( a rag tramp at that).

The £90 to a dog rescue charity for my first rescue dog and the £120 donation to the Many Tears Rescue charity for my 2nd rescue dog. Adore them both and had many happy years with them. They're both getting a bit slow and old now, but then aren't we all.
Yep, that’s easily mine too mate, and have missed the little fucker every day for the last 9 months or so, a pain in the arse no doubt at times because he was so mischievous, especially when it came to stealing food and going in bins, running off on me chasing bitches ‘in season’, old fucker even managed to have sex with a sexy young cocker Spaniel (and tie-off and everything) with no balls, ruining kids party’s by hunting them down and humping them, but wouldn’t change a single thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.