Best Money you've ever spent ?

It would be a bit of an overkill here with only 100 feet of driveway............however, when I get older, would you be able to send him over.
Thanks.
I was hoping I was done with him this year but it kust won't stop snowing. Skiing tomorrow is foing to be amazing

Ceiling fan in the bedroom , godsend when we get the hot nights in the summer which is more often this last fifteen years
Does this fan enjoy the view? Where can I get tickets?

Due to circumstances (mainly a divorce and selling that home at the bottom of the market and coming out with jack shit) i ended up in the rental market.
Married again with kids , renting a house always leaves you only a phone call away from having to find another family home and the upheaval that comes with that

When it happened again 18 months ago enough was enough, 3 homes in 5 years messes with your mind!
So we bought our home a year ago and the feeling of safety it provides knowing the house is OURS and no one will be ringing to turf us out is immeasurable.
Im here til they carry me out in a box

I bought a semi run down Victorian mansion for £75,000 which I couldn’t really afford, but it was love at first sight.
The hall was 45ft long with a galleried staircase 26 ft high.
The windows on the stairs included 8ft stained glass religious panels.
The downstairs rooms were 20ft square with 13ft ceilings.
Species trees in the 30 yard long garden in all directions.
You get the picture, a bonkers place the main feature of which was a massive heating bill. For the first 2 or 3 years, that meant no heating, sitting in dressing gowns and overcoats and scarves.
I spent about £30,000 putting it in better order but by no means perfect.
We spent 17 years there bringing up 2 kids, who loved it. House was full of their friends all the time. Football in the garden, if wet in the hall. Tots running up and down. Teenagers sprawled asleep on the landing. Wonderful madness.
Both Mrs KS and I came to retirement, with kids leaving home. Sold it for £350,000.
Moved to a smaller place for cash(!) in the same area, keeping old contacts and friends handy. That was 20 years ago.
Definitely money well spent.

Last edited:
Cant remember how much exactly but bought 2 old farms in a national park in Catalonia. Spent 4 years turning one into a pretty decent holiday rental, pool, terraces, en suites, 22 acres of manicured grounds....almost heaven. Started on the 2nd one but had to return to Blighty. Worked out we'd just about broke even on the whole lot when we sold and that was mainly down to the exchange rate. An absolute blast, got up to alsorts of mischief including being dragged through the Spanish courts by a Spanish copper, I won the case, more trips to A&E than I care to mention......... met loads of great people of varying nationalities plus the usual Brit head cases including an aging rock star. Best 7 years of my life. Would I do it again, No, it wouldn't be the same. Definately the best money we ever spent.

My best two purchases have a theme

Me and my ex got tickets for Oasis at Maine Road from an agency (basically a legalised tout!!)
We paid £150 for the two tickets which were, from memory, £17.50 each...........but money well spent!!

My second was a ticket for the Wembley play off final in 1999 - decided to travel down ticketless - we have to remember that back then we didn't know if it would ever be the only time we would see City at Wembley!!

Got the train from Norwich, bumped into a couple of Blues on the train who had tickets but didn't have any spare.

Around 20 minutes later one of the two City fans came looking for me saying his brother had a spare but wanted £50 for the £18 ticket - I told him I'd have it
Got to London done a few pubs with these two City fans and a couple of Gillingham fans who they knew and arranged to meet on Wembley Way at 2:30........I just wanted that ticket in my hand!!

But true to their word - and you have to remember not everyone had mobile phones in those days (I didn't) - the guy was there with the ticket and even though it was £18 face value, I gave him £55 to "get himself a drink"........because of the events of the match, it ranks as the best money I've ever spent - a City victory?? At Wem-ber-lee?? Who would have thought it in 1999!!!!

View attachment 72849
I’m going to sound like a bell end here but I’d have sold you that ticket for face value plus maybe a drink as thanks. I couldn’t charge another Blue more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.