Best non-City related book you've ever read.

Always keep going back to Ammianus Marcellinus, proves that Latin literature went well beyond the golden and silver ages

Have started to read a lot of hagiographies recently, so suppose I need to read a load more of those.

Also need to read a lot more Finnish to help learn the language, so that'd be a priority. Donald Duck cartoon books mostly.

poh said:
catch 22,so good i have read it 6 or 7 times now-the one i am waiting to read is james elroy's next book,but fuck knows when that will be.

Seconded - Catch 22 is a crazy and brilliant book and definitely my favourite.

Need to read - probably The Outsider, by Colin Wilson, which I started many years but gave up on too early.

By a long, long, LONG way:

Lanark-Alasdair-Gray.jpg

As an english literature grad the amount of so called 'classics' that are actually complete garbage is astonishing

Hey dubai blue,yeah great book,and its back on the shelves of the high st book shops,reissued i think partly because,well ive recently read some Irag/Afghan books and the journos all refer to his book in theirs....just finished ..Junior Officers Reading Club Patrick Hennessey and he quotes it.......

Strangeways said:
poh said:
catch 22,so good i have read it 6 or 7 times now-the one i am waiting to read is james elroy's next book,but fuck knows when that will be.

Seconded - Catch 22 is a crazy and brilliant book and definitely my favourite.

This. Catch 22 is probably the only book where I was consistently laughing out loud the whole way through. So clever, so witty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.