best opposition anthem

citykev28 said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Totaly agree, when we first started singing it in the Kippax and everyone knew the words it was great.

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon
You know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And then I looked to the Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own.

That is what we use to sing.

Over the years it has got less and less and now we sing 2 lines of it if we are lucky then it dies away. Hate it.

i'm not having that. we possibly used to sing the first two versus, although i don't recall even one occasion. however, having rarely missed a home game during the 90's, i would say we've NEVER sang all that.

The crowd at city has never sung the verses... Just the chorous

Tricky_Trev said:
Can't remember the last time we sung blue moon for more than 15 seconds. Some anthem that. In general though, i really do think our songs are rubbish. Where's the imagination and creativity gone? We only have about 3/4 different tunes on a match day (if we're lucky), to which we just apply different words to.

Very little and very poor imagination these days with our songs. We did sing "Singing the Blues" for a good 6minutes this evening, that sounded good! But other than that we've got a handful which are really lack-lustrely half chanted at home games and only a little bit more effort put into them at away games.

Even "My Father Said..." is getting a bit boring now because it's one of the few we sing.

Honestly, since Goater left and we sung "Come On Feed The Goat" we've only had "Istanbul" that I have really enjoyed singing and that were original, not thick sounding, not pinched off another club and the words just changed, and imaginitive.

I've always thought "We're Man City oh Man City" (repeat repeat repeat) to The Sex Pistols "Pretty Vacant" would be a great one for us.

Palace have some good chants. Watched them a few times last season in the cup v us, FA Cup v Villa, and the 'stay up' game at Wednesday. Was impressed withthem as a set of fans!

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
West Ham's bubble song.

whaaaaaaat !!!!???????

thats got to be the most embarrasing, gayest song in football!

The thought of a few thousand cockney wankers singing that with a faux tear in their eye makes me want to puke!

Just imagine them in the boozer after the match like scene from Oliver!

levets said:
citykev28 said:
i'm not having that. we possibly used to sing the first two versus, although i don't recall even one occasion. however, having rarely missed a home game during the 90's, i would say we've NEVER sang all that.

The crowd at city has never sung the verses... Just the chorous

can't remember what year but i remember in the kippax when it was still standing and the song was just taking off, this one guy stood ontop of one of the tunnels conducting and singing along..when the crowd just repeated the first verse he was waving his arms and shaking his head and got proper pissed off !!! lol

I hate the dicks - there's one who goes onto MEN regularly -who change the words on popular songs to some right cheesey shit about City. They never take off.

I do miss our ability to produce quick witted songs - with all the comedians on here you'd think we'd get a few new ones out more than we do.

My favourite is City from Maine Road; even sung at COMS, when its at full volume and going on for a few minutes you know everyone is listening to it.

That song to me even if you don't understand the language, you know the people singing it really mean it.

Might be good for the new players to get initiated!

Guess we have to thank Rod for the tune !

The Pope said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
West Ham's bubble song.

whaaaaaaat !!!!???????

thats got to be the most embarrasing, gayest song in football!

The thought of a few thousand cockney wankers singing that with a faux tear in their eye makes me want to puke!

Just imagine them in the boozer after the match like scene from Oliver!

"Fortune's always hiding,
I looked everywhere"

Sounds fair enough for the fans of a club like our own that until very recently had done things the right way for no reward, though there can only be one set of supporters who would dream up
(We never win at home and we never win away)
Perhaps the demise of the supporters club coaches and the soccer special trains have destroyed our song writers of their prime sources of songsters? but anyway, with a one banana, two banana, three banana four.....

U

danburge82 said:
I agree Pope!

oiym farevva berlowin' babooos
pri'i baboos een ve aya
vey floi sow oi, nearly reach ver skoi,
Ven loik moi dreems, vey faide an' doi (warble)

Pass me the bucket....

alot-o-puke-dude-vomit-1460.jpg

Grimble said:
wearethesouthstand said:
i dont know how to upload anything, perhaps someone can do it for us... off youtube -some good footage of them belting it out at hampden in the cis cup final.. and john collins practically crying

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8&feature=related[/youtube]

That sounded good

When you see Hibs players running and diving in front of fans. I have dreamt for this moment since I was born in 1980. All I want is a taste of that. Is it too much to ask? I know we semi did it against Gillingham but to do it winning a major honour will be amazing in front of a BLUE MOON rendition

law74 said:
"Fortune's always hiding,
I looked everywhere"

Sounds fair enough for the fans of a club like our own that until very recently had done things the right way for no rewardquote]

don't get me wrong, the sentiment is spot on but you can put it across better than that surely ? Even Blue Moon !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VGylDaB7cI&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VGylDaB ... re=related</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.