Best penalty taken ever in a Blue shirt??

The one that always sticks in my mind was the Elk's vs Chelsea.
It was an age before he took it as the Chelsea players were protesting, then the ref was making up his mind whether to send the Chelsea player off. Eventually he booked him, meanwhile we all (in the South Stand) started singing Anelka's name.
Eventually the ref blew for the kick to be taken and Elk turned to the ref and asked if that was right. The ref nodded, the Chelsea keeper (can't remember if if was Czech or Cudducini) started dancing from side to side waving his arms (he looked a giant) and Elk calmly slotted the ball into the top corner

Anelka was fantastic. I sit in the North Stand and in the first year at the stadium we got a few penalties down our end and the keepers never got anywhere near them. He always hit the inside of the side netting, brilliant.

edghill is top for me also!!!
bluetonium said:
Penalty taker = Elano

Best Penalty = Edghill in the play-off final '99. Nobody expected such a cool, well-placed finish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.