Best period of your life.

69 now. Most rewarding period was a year in Tanzania as a volunteer after taking early retirement. Introduced computers into all the teacher training establishments and taught the future ICT Tutor trainers. Just think, because of us, as computers will be introduced into schools in Tanzania we taught the future teacher trainers.

41 now and I have to say that this is quite honestly the easiest and pleasant period of my life so far. Kids grown up, work a doddle and relatively secure. Mortgage shrinking. Backbone-less, fraud of a wife soon to sign the divorce papers. Never stressed over little things like I had a tendacy to in earlier years. It’s just a nice, serene period of life and long may it continue.

I see 18/20 year olds now and it brings back memories of the pressures of that age. Trying to fit in amongst the pack. Trying to be someone and always having to prove yourself and not be a pussy. Fucking horrid period of life. 30’s were full of upheaval and lessons learned. Seemed to fly by though with bringing my kids up.

Yeah. 40’s my blue brothers and sisters. What an age!
Great post mate, good to see life is dealing you a good hand.

69 now. Most rewarding period was a year in Tanzania as a volunteer after taking early retirement. Introduced computers into all the teacher training establishments and taught the future ICT Tutor trainers. Just think, because of us, as computers will be introduced into schools in Tanzania we taught the future teacher trainers.
More rewarding than producing Tom & Jerry?

Fucking hell now is not bad - juggling a mad wife, a mad ex wife, mad ex wifes mad lesbian lover, teenage kids, Kid doing 11 plus homework I don't understand, work pressures, elderly dad, tenant issues constantly, however ticking things off my bucket list and following City - my life is a blast. Looking forward to cashing out and doing fuck all in a few years.

Best period for me though I would say 16-23 - did not have a care in the world apart from City, Shagging and playing footy 5 times a week.

Enjoy today though for tomorrow is not here and yesterday has gone!
Run of the mill type of life then !!

I know I should say now, married, 2 great kids, money left at the end of the month & a little bit wiser I think, but....

94-98 were belting. No bills as such, no responsibilities, city home and away with the lads & plenty of debauchery every weekend.

It's weird. I never had a tough life up untill the last 3 years. It makes me appreciate all the good years before. I do wish I had travelled Europe.

1 - 4 Pretty chilled
4 - 11 Primary school, youth hosteling, camping holidays, smell of dubbin on football boots, jerseys for goals, brilliant.
12 - 17 Secondary School x 3 - thats fun as a 13 year old!, fights, music, football, girls, booze, parties, not sure I would want to do it again.
18 - 24 Married and kids, 1,2 and 3. First job + professional exams. No 2 boy critically ill for first 2 months. Oh yes, parents divorced and father fucked off never to be seen again
24 - 40 career building, mental hours, wife lost her sister, upscaled house x 4, money worries (never enough)
40 - 56 career plateau, one merger, one takeover caused by financial crash. Went from an organisation of 17k to one of 100k. More mental hours + travel, hard hard slog. More money. All kids off and married. Lost my eldest nephew who was close. Mum diagnosed with dementia.
56 - now. left the Bank, have not done a stroke of work in 5 years. Fishing, Football (season ticket holder for the first time), Concerts, Theatre and Holidays. 4 grandaughters are just wonderful. She still puts up with me which is a miracle.

You take pleasure out of every day you are alive as well as having stress and challenge. You make of it what you can. I cant really choose my favourite period.
Having said all that, doing fuck all except what you want to do does have its attractions albeit I do miss the challenge (a bit). Grandchildren are a complete and unadulterated delight (albeit they are all still under 12). City are absolutely magnificent and I still love Led Zeppelin, Kate Bush, the Stones and all good music of the 60's/70's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.