best player in the world?

i see skies of blue said:
Gerrard hands down for me, shocked he's only been mentioned once. The most complete player in the world right now, has been and will be for a good while. Would be the heartbeat of any team, club or international. Sure, there are more skillful, tricky players around but how many times has he gotten Liverpool out of jail over the years? The guy can do anything, super captain, leads by example, scores goals, tackles, creates chances, unselfish in his play, influences the whole team, covers every blade of grass. Case closed!

100% this

Berti Glauber !

...and as far as im concerned, he's a non-man city player. If anyone has photographic evidence to the contrary ill step down. haha

No contest for me, Messi is miles ahead of anyone else. I regularly watch Barca and the stuff he can do is just silly, and it seems he just keeps getting better, still only 21 too.

In my humble opinion, its not just a case of the tricks a player can do, or how many stepovers he can do, etc to judge a player as the best in the world.

A true 'best player in the world' should be judged on the affect he has on his team, a la Maradona in the 80's, Zidane in the 90's, Kaka recently with Milan and to some extents The Showpony last season.

That for me is why the best player in the world at the moment is Steven Gerrard (when he's fit obviously!). Messi is exceptional don't get me wrong, but he plays with 10 other exceptional players. Gerrard is playing in a team containing Arbeloa and Aurelio ffs, who whilst average Prem players are certainly not exceptional. Yet Gerrad drives that team, and as a previous poster stated, he has singlehandedly saved the Scousers on numerous occasions, similarly to when Maradona won Argentina the World Cup.

Although that Messi lad is pretty effin awesome...

Who knows?! All i know is it's not Barry Conlon, which is a travesty. :o)

montonblue said:
In my humble opinion, its not just a case of the tricks a player can do, or how many stepovers he can do, etc to judge a player as the best in the world.

A true 'best player in the world' should be judged on the affect he has on his team, a la Maradona in the 80's, Zidane in the 90's, Kaka recently with Milan and to some extents The Showpony last season.

That for me is why the best player in the world at the moment is Steven Gerrard (when he's fit obviously!). Messi is exceptional don't get me wrong, but he plays with 10 other exceptional players. Gerrard is playing in a team containing Arbeloa and Aurelio ffs, who whilst average Prem players are certainly not exceptional. Yet Gerrad drives that team, and as a previous poster stated, he has singlehandedly saved the Scousers on numerous occasions, similarly to when Maradona won Argentina the World Cup.

Although that Messi lad is pretty effin awesome...

Who knows?! All i know is it's not Barry Conlon, which is a travesty. :o)

Good point, though i guess that makes Andy Dorman the best player in the World, rather than Gerrard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.