Best result of the season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by John Oliver, 17 Apr 2018.

1. John Oliver

John Oliver

Pep talks of the away game against Chelsea being particularly important and I wouldn’t argue with him, great goal from KDB too.

For me another contender would be our last game against Spurs which got us back on track after the 3 previous defeats, and with two key players out. Had we lost that game I guess rags would have scented blood and beaten Baggies. And though I’m sure we would still have won the title it could have been a nervy end to the season with many questioning Pep’s decision-making. But now few would, Pep knows best.

2. ancoats

ancoats

the derby away was a key game and also newcastle away with the record wins

3. shemnel

shemnel

In the league, Chelsea away is an obvious frontrunner as we were away at the reigning champs and we were in a run of battering teams so extra pressure was on to show that we weren't flat track bullies.

Winning at the swamp was best for me, it was against the next best team, rivals never being a straightforward assignment etc and equaled the winning streak record.

4. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Huddersfield away, we knew rags would win at home to Brighton, they'd just lost up there and we were expecting and got a difficult game. I said before it that if we win today we'd win the league comfortably, i've been proven correct.

5. blueinsa

blueinsa

Chelsea and utd away without a shadow of doubt as they mentally saw off any thought of a challenge to us in the league.

6. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Chelsea away
    United away
    Spuds away

7. acquiesce

acquiesce

I really can't see past Chelsea away. It was utter domination, though the scoreline doesn't say it. Men vs. boys. That was the match that showed we had something special on hand.

8. Ric

Ric

It was after Chelsea away that I knew deep down that we would win the league, even though it was only the end of September. We were exceptional that day, and took the then champions apart at their own ground. The scoreline didn't reflect our complete domination.

9. Chelsea away, it was obvious then that we were the real deal.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

That one for me too.

And we shouldn't underestimate the effect it had on Chelsea, who should have been our nearest challengers. Their (unjust) win at our place, killed off our challenge last time & imo that did the same to them this season, even moreso.