Best shops for Vinyl records

urban genie

I know in the lockdown we had a thread on vinyl overtaking cd sales, but what recomendations across the country and overseas do people have for vinyl?

For me the following record shops are top notch

Norman records
Piccadilly Records
Wax and Beans
Vinyl Exchange
X records
Resident
Loafers
Jumbo
Crash

And if you are looking for older vinyl either in need of replacing or that you missed out on then try

www.vinylnet.co.uk

Just recieved these from them which I had originally but lost in many moves, seen them before but quite pricey , got all 3 for £15 all in

20201121_131833.jpg

Any other recomendations

Last edited:
Discogs. Very well run site.

Online sellers like Townsend Records are good for new issues, re-releases etc etc.

Rough Trade are quite good as well.

Add in Amazon as well for new releases.

You can't beat a good record shop though.

I can thoroughly recommend this on line record store.
I know the guy that runs it.
His gradings are scrupulously accurate and his prices extremely competitive.

I know in the lockdown we had a thread on vinyl overtaking cd sales, but what recomendations across the country and overseas do people have for vinyl?

For me the following record shops are top notch

Norman records
Piccadilly Records
Wax and Beans
Vinyl Exchange
X records
Resident
Loafers
Jumbo
Crash

And if you are looking for older vinyl either in need of replacing or that you missed out on then try

www.vinylnet.co.uk

Just recieved these from them which I had originally but lost in many moves, seen them before but quite pricey , got all 3 for £15 all in

View attachment 5637

Any other recomendations
Just had a few searches on there. There's limited choice compared to discogs. Plus the descriptions are a little vague sometimes or over exaggerated. Rare! Never been released since!.

Nice they include actual photos though.

Just had a few searches on there. There's limited choice compared to discogs. Plus the descriptions are a little vague sometimes or over exaggerated. Rare! Never been released since!.

Nice they include actual photos though.

I don't bother with discgos much anymore, yes the prices can be good but you get stung a lot on delivery costs as many stuff is coming from european mainland.

Found a few things before fot as little at £2 then a €15 delivery charge.

What I will say for vinylnet is it isn't just their record shops they are selling for but many independant ones nationwide too like kingbee and LNG records in yorkshire and every purchase I have got is something I am looking for so know what it is without needing an indepth description.
The Evg and M ones have been like new and in perfect condition.

Maybe is better for people looking for a specific LP or single I will admit.

I don't bother with discgos much anymore, yes the prices can be good but you get stung a lot on delivery costs as many stuff is coming from european mainland.

Found a few things before fot as little at £2 then a €15 delivery charge.

What I will say for vinylnet is it isn't just their record shops they are selling for but many independant ones nationwide too like kingbee and LNG records in yorkshire and every purchase I have got is something I am looking for so know what it is without needing an indepth description.
The Evg and M ones have been like new and in perfect condition.

Maybe is better for people looking for a specific LP or single I will admit.
I agree about delivery charges but as with most market places haggling works! I also stick to UK sellers whenever possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.