Best single that never made the UK top 40 singles chart

Far too many to name them all. But I would certainly include everything Ian McNabb has ever released as a single.

Lyrics to this for instance are genius.

I agree in what you say there. Head like a rock is a great album. His book Mersey Beast is a very good read.

Looks just like her mother
Strangely nothing like her brother

Last edited:
I agree in what you say there. Head like a rock is a great album. His book Mersey Beast is a very good read.

Looks like her mother
Strangely nothing like her brother
Also, only one Icicle Works single ("Love is a wonderful colour") made the Top 40 but pretty much all their '80s singles were worth a Top 10 place, especially Hollow Horse, When it all comes down and Understanding Jane.

Cruel world.

Also, only one Icicle Works single ("Love is a wonderful colour") made the Top 40 but pretty much all their '80s singles were worth a Top 10 place, especially Hollow Horse, When it all comes down and Understanding Jane.

Cruel world.
I think Birds Fly may have gone top 40.
Up Here In the North of England was another great one that should have been a hit.

I think Birds Fly may have gone top 40.
Up Here In the North of England was another great one that should have been a hit.
Oh yes, another classic that didn't even touch the Top 100 (12" only wasn't it ?). Saw them a dozen times round the country in '80s, thought they were as good on record as live.

NB I thought Birds Fly made Top 40 but scandalously only No. 53 on reissue.
The Icicle Works - Wikipedia

Fragile thing - Big Country
This was the single from Driving to Damascus and if what I was told there was a fuck up in the packaging of the single resulting that shops had their stocks recalled, therefor no single to purchase.
The rest is a tragedy.
Eddie Reader does vocals and harmony on it. If one of you clever kind persons could put it up, I would appreciate the gesture.

Fragile thing - Big Country
This was the single from Driving to Damascus and if what I was told there was a fuck up in the packaging of the single resulting that shops had their stocks recalled, therefor no single to purchase.
The rest is a tragedy.
Eddie Reader does vocals and harmony on it. If one of you clever kind persons could put it up, I would appreciate the gesture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.