best summer signin robinho or swp?

Project Rain said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
bluejase said:
preferred the old SWP tbh.

agreed, hughes said he's come back a better player, i disagree, he was better before he left.

I agree and I disagree, he did come back better in his all round play, maybe not in the way he used to beat about 6 defenders and score some wonder goals but in the last half a dozen games, before he got injured, I think we were starting to see the old SWP in that respect.

This is a tough question but over the whole season I would say SWP, Robbie has obviously scored more but while they have both gone missing in games, I would say Robbie has done moreso and I believe SWP does a little more for us going forward than Robbie. We have missed him on the right these last few games imo.

Have we bollocks missed him, we've won them all! If he walks back into the team at Elano's expense, I won't be happy. He's going to have to earn it.
I'm sorry, but people have got to take off their tinted specs when talking about SWP.
The last player we had who scored as many goals in a season than Robinho was Anelka, and he was playing as an out and out striker, and didn't set up nearly as many as Robinho.
Can't believe a few are actually saying Wright-Phillips has been a better buy.

Project Rain said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
bluejase said:

agreed, hughes said he's come back a better player, i disagree, he was better before he left.

I agree and I disagree, he did come back better in his all round play, maybe not in the way he used to beat about 6 defenders and score some wonder goals but in the last half a dozen games, before he got injured, I think we were starting to see the old SWP in that respect.

This is a tough question but over the whole season I would say SWP, Robbie has obviously scored more but while they have both gone missing in games, I would say Robbie has done moreso and I believe SWP does a little more for us going forward than Robbie. We have missed him on the right these last few games imo.

Have we bollocks missed him, we've won them all! If he walks back into the team at Elano's expense, I won't be happy. He's going to have to earn it.
I'm sorry, but people have got to take off their tinted specs when talking about SWP.
The last player we had who scored as many goals in a season than Robinho was Anelka, and he was playing as an out and out striker, and didn't set up nearly as many as Robinho.

bluemoon555 said:
swp without a doubt
Like them both. But look at the goal-scoring charts, and remember they both play similar roles. So it's Robbie for me

SWP right sided attack. Robinho left sided attack. Although I concede that on occasion SWP has played in midfield (which I think suits him best)

They are both great players. And how exciting is it to see them in the same City team?

If SWP had been fit for the Hamburg game, I reckon that might have been enough (just thinking about those chances that fell to Richards)

Marvin said:
bluemoon555 said:
swp without a doubt
Like them both. But look at the goal-scoring charts, and remember they both play similar roles. So it's Robbie for me

SWP right sided attack. Robinho left sided attack. Although I concede that on occasion SWP has played in midfield (which I think suits him best)

What people forget is Robbie like to come inside whereas SWP spends the majority of his time wide.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Project Rain said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
bluejase said:

On the contrary, many will tell you I'm actually very level headed. Robbie obviously has way more potential than SWP but he hasn't performed better throughout the season.

So SWP still just nicks it for me, things can change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.