Best Tactical Decision by a City manager

Hughes bringing Petrov on at 1-1 against Arsenal earlier in the season. They were killing us and it looked only a matter of time before they broke us down and won the game. Instead Hughes made a positive substitution and eleven minutes later we're 4-1 up having destroyed them on the counter-attack. That substitution won us the game.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I remember outstanding invdividual performances from Ireland and Richards were the backbone of our win that day.

Oh no, that can't be true, can it? Richards is a fat-arsed ganster who's shit and Ireland's only had half a good season in his life. That's what I keep reading on here.

Wow, you've managed to derail your own thread.

Haha quite impressive isn't it.

Petrov won us the game but Micah and Dunne were also superb. Evryone was pretty good to be fair, they had to be

Didsbury Dave said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Sven, with his team selection and set-up for the Munich Memorial derby.

He took a limited side to the swamp to play the eventual domestic and European champions, and convincingly took all 3 points with a tactical masterclass when there wasn't a soul on God's green earth who gave us a hope in Hell.

Nothing short of pure brilliance.

I remember outstanding invdividual performances from Ireland and Richards were the backbone of our win that day.

Oh no, that can't be true, can it? Richards is a fat-arsed ganster who's shit and Ireland's only had half a good season in his life. That's what I keep reading on here.

On that note Dave why don't we sign Jonny Howson and Jermaine Beckford who were also the backbone of a win at Old Trafford more recently

*singingtheblues* said:

He took a limited side to the swamp to play the eventual domestic and European champions, and convincingly took all 3 points with a tactical masterclass when there wasn't a soul on God's green earth who gave us a hope in Hell.

I agree - ive never seen us play against a team and completley out play them in every area of the feild when all odds are against us. I remember before the match saying to a glory supporter mate of mine i hope Vassel doesnt play, and then sending him a message afterwads saying vassel is the best player in the world. On that day though the whole team did there job, and we looked like a better team than them.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 11:19 am --<br /><br />Keegan asking the ref to send off Joey barton 3 nil down at tottenham

Frank Clark buying Kevin Horlock and Gerard Wiekens. It almost made up for the literally tens of other shite buys he made.

Didsbury Dave said:
*singingtheblues* said:

hmmm suprise suprise DD

black mamba said:
Probably bringing Colin Bell on at half time in his comeback match .......

it was the last thing Newcastle wanted to see , and with good reason!

I remember that. 0-0 at halftime, 4-0 full time. Newcastle utterly destroyed.

Fair play to Newcastle fans they took part in the biggest cheers i have ever heard at a City match. Wembley was close, but nothing since has touched the emotion of seeing the King run out onto the pitch.

Pure mayhem.

Kevin Keegan playing Berkovic & Bernarbia in the same team to feed the goat in Championship winning season. (and they said you couldn't play two playmakers in the same team!) Best football in my memory!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.