best video game of all time?

This thread title is synonymous with the question- What is the colour of the sky?. This is very obvious.

I am a fierce critic of current video games and although they have been great ones in recent times the lack of real vehicle or medium for emotions and soul, the originality of story and the authenticity of real challenge manifested in both the length of the games and the cheer intellectual requirement to work through the games have been seriously lacking in current times. Games are now dumbed down to appeal to a greater audience and in many ways to respond or adjust to the fact that the media is turning the society into a bunch of mindless zombies that shy away from real challenge and just want to mindlessly shoot their way through a good looking game. It is now all about the business ie the money and the shock factor of pointless and out of place violence and other dark arts.

The best game of all time is an achievement in my opinion that will be difficult to surpass based on the criteria I mentioned in the previous paragraph. It achieved all the requirements and then some and this game in light of the nature of the current gaming industry can be classified as the best there was, the best there is and probably the best there ever will be.

The best video game of all time is obviously The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Sega - Streets of rage
Snes - Mario Kart
PS2 - Vice City GTA
N64 - Goldeneye
Xbox - Halo
PS3 and Xbox 360 - MW3 Call of Duty

Those are my preferences. Best game of all time imo is GTA Vice City. A funny game which is forgotten is Bully which was PS2 but I've bought for nostalgic purposes on the Wii. Awesome game and hilarious, especially the knocked thieving level for the paedophile gym teacher.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am --<br /><br />
without a dream said:
The best game of all time is an endless debate. The best football game (excluding CM/FM) is PES 5. Perfection. It's a shame Konami went shit. I still miss the Master League.

Great game.

I loved Konami International Superstar Soccer Deluxe for the Snes, absolutely outstanding game.

Golden Axe for Sega was a timeless classic as was Pokemon blue/red for the Gameboy.

CTID1988 said:
What does that game consist of?

Following a woman down a dark alley before pouncing on her. Dread to think what the special move is. Maybe the boss is a woman who's well versed in self defence martial arts?

My favourite videogames:
Shenmue I & II
Red dead redemption
Mafia
World of warcraft
Halo
Metal gear solid
Diablo II
Virtua tennis saga.
Fifa saga (1997-2001 & 2009-2013)
Pes (between 2002-2008)

NipHolmes said:
CTID1988 said:
What does that game consist of?

Following a woman down a dark alley before pouncing on her. Dread to think what the special move is. Maybe the boss is a woman who's well versed in self defence martial arts?

It actually is! Saw it on a Charlie Brooker programme ages ago.
You basically assault women on a train, rape one in a bathroom then at the end you kill yourself under a train because one gets pregnant.

Blueband Brother said:
This thread title is synonymous with the question- What is the colour of the sky?. This is very obvious.

I am a fierce critic of current video games and although they have been great ones in recent times the lack of real vehicle or medium for emotions and soul, the originality of story and the authenticity of real challenge manifested in both the length of the games and the cheer intellectual requirement to work through the games have been seriously lacking in current times. Games are now dumbed down to appeal to a greater audience and in many ways to respond or adjust to the fact that the media is turning the society into a bunch of mindless zombies that shy away from real challenge and just want to mindlessly shoot their way through a good looking game. It is now all about the business ie the money and the shock factor of pointless and out of place violence and other dark arts.

The best game of all time is an achievement in my opinion that will be difficult to surpass based on the criteria I mentioned in the previous paragraph. It achieved all the requirements and then some and this game in light of the nature of the current gaming industry can be classified as the best there was, the best there is and probably the best there ever will be.

The best video game of all time is obviously The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Agreed. Timeless classic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.