Best XI and formation for the CL knockouts?

sam-caddick

I would go for:

---------------------Pantillimon-------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Demichelis--Clichy
---------------------Fernandinho-----------------
-------------Milner-----------------Yaya----------
Nasri------------------Agüero--------------Silva

I wouldn't drop Nastasic personally, the balance of a left sided centre back can be key when playing it out the back to the left back, plus he's improving his form (allowing Doumbia to stroll through was a mistake though). Other than that, I think at home we should continue to play 4-2-2-2, away that is a better formation.

sam-caddick said:
I would go for:

I like this but I think Hart might be back in goal by that time I would maybe have Navas in for Nasri. I know Nasri is playing well but that team could do with a bit of pace in it.

Adri10 said:
sam-caddick said:
I would go for:

I like this but I think Hart might be back in goal by that time I would maybe have Navas in for Nasri. I know Nasri is playing well but that team could do with a bit of pace in it.

I don't know mate, the Bayern game showed me we need as much possession as we can against the big boys of Europe and Nasri and Silva gives us that.

Navas for me is an impact sub when playing the best in Europe, I just thought he was one of the reasons alongside playing two up top why we got done in big time possession wise against Bayern, Navas being out wide just added to Yaya and Fernandinho being exposed so much.

yea your probably right. Milner is a great player to have in the middle he gives you 110% every game and with fernandinho who looks quite energetic and Yaya aswell teams would struggle against that.

I know Milner gives his best every match but he is not I repeat not good enough to start for the best English team in the premier league who are looking to achieve something special in the champions league ..and Negredo must start with aguero I must add

Pants/Hart
Zab
Kompany
Nasty
Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic
Negredo
Aguero

In a 4-3-3 system. Bring on Navas/Nasri for Fernandinho if things aren't going out way and Milner for Jovetic if they are.

--------------------------- Hart -----------------------
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Clichy
------------------------ De Rossi ---------------------
------------------- Yaya --- Fernandinho --------
Nasri-------------------------------------------- Silva
-------------------------- Aguero ---------------------

:-)

Doubt DDR would leave Roma, though, but he would be perfect for us.

can't believe people think we can get away with playing two strikers against Europe's best. Negredo and Aguero are great, but one will have to be dropped with Navas/Milner coming in in their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.