Biased Journalists

vonksbignose said:
Clubber said:
Ok, let's have it. Which journalists do you believe to be 'biased' against us?

I can't pick any out in particular, as most I have read are good/not bad, and if ive seen a bad article on us, they have possibly wrote another which praises us, suggesting I was just overly touch about the 'bad article', but I constantly hear that certain writers have it in for us.

The reason I ask this question is because you can't say a writer has it in for us one minute, then as soon as they say something nice about us, suggest he's good, as this just means you didn't like his previous article and tarred the lad with the 'bias' brush. Let's have a bit more conviction with your accusations.

Never seen that before. You could pick holes the size of mars in both Smith and Beasly's rants. The Smith looks a slimey twat.

Will this do?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjQLBuwOZk[/youtube]

The one & only (thank god) Paul Smith!

Not that I'm arsed, they can say what the fuck they want, I'm past caring. But you asked for a biased journalist, & I believe I've just given you one!

LoveCity said:
Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star.

Every week Mancini has lost the dressing room, there are revolts behind the scenes, and someone wants to quit the club. All via "a City source" aka his imagination.

One example: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/233246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/233246</a>

Yeah but the Daily Star is akin to the Beano, does anyone actually take it seriously? you sort of expect to read made up shite in there.<br /><br />-- Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm --<br /><br />
Clubber said:
vonksbignose said:
Clubber said:

I can't pick any out in particular, as most I have read are good/not bad, and if ive seen a bad article on us, they have possibly wrote another which praises us, suggesting I was just overly touch about the 'bad article', but I constantly hear that certain writers have it in for us.

The reason I ask this question is because you can't say a writer has it in for us one minute, then as soon as they say something nice about us, suggest he's good, as this just means you didn't like his previous article and tarred the lad with the 'bias' brush. Let's have a bit more conviction with your accusations.

Never seen that before. You could pick holes the size of mars in both Smith and Beasly's rants. The Smith looks a slimey twat.

Will this do?

Not that I'm arsed, they can say what the fuck they want, I'm past caring. But you asked for a biased journalist, & I believe I've just given you one!

Agreed, horrible smarmy twat!

bluemoon1078 said:
LoveCity said:
Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star.

Every week Mancini has lost the dressing room, there are revolts behind the scenes, and someone wants to quit the club. All via "a City source" aka his imagination.

One example: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/233246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/233246</a>

Yeah but the Daily Star is akin to the Beano, does anyone actually take it seriously? you sort of expect to read made up shite in there.

-- Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm --

Clubber said:
vonksbignose said:

Will this do?

Agreed, horrible smarmy twat!

He can't say his 'r's, he can't pronounce 'th' and he doesn't wash his hair.

Oliver Holt now that mug is completley biased his article after the Arsenal game was disgusting hope we make him eat his words the **** ps sorry for swearing the guy just inrages me this article is after the Game away to Arsenal <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Oliver-Holt-s-Big-Match-Verdict-With-the-title-on-the-line-City-simply-went-down-without-a-fight-article888400.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 88400.html</a>

'' When the time came for the final judgment, Manchester City went quietly yesterday.

With the title on the line, their season on the line, their pride at stake and Roberto Mancini’s job in jeopardy, they went down without a fight.

Sure, there was plenty of sound and fury, plenty of controversy and angst. But it signified nothing.

That is the most damning thing about yesterday. When City were faced with their last chance, when they needed to stand up, all they could do was fall down. '' Let’s be honest: Arsenal battered them. Totally dominated them. Played them off the pitch.

If Manchester United had worried that City would react defiantly to going eight points behind, they needn’t have been concerned.

Because City played like a £200m team who had given up the chase before a ball had been kicked.

They played like a side intimidated and cowed by their Manchester neighbours, a team that had already admitted defeat.

United, as many predicted, have got stronger and stronger and stronger as the season has gone on.

When the heat was on, United had players who gloried in the challenge.

Rio Ferdinand found his best form, Antonio Valencia came back from another injury and seared his signature into United’s play.

David de Gea conquered his early season uncertainties and stepped up with match-saving performances of courage and maturity.

Michael Carrick resurrected his United career, Wayne Rooney was a font of goals, Paul Scholes shone as brightly as ever.

A couple of months ago, Patrick Vieira, City’s head of football development, said United’s decision to welcome Scholes out of retirement was a sign of ‘weakness’.

Well, United have won 11 of their last 12 Premier League games since Scholes returned. And drawn the other.

And Vieira has won himself a place in the pantheon of predictions alongside Alan Hansen and ‘you can’t win anything with kids’.

Because as United puffed out their chests and quickened their stride, City grew weaker and weaker and weaker.

When they glimpsed the prize, it did not inspire them. It terrified them. And on Sunday, their terror was palpable.

Mario Balotelli played like a coward. Not because his studs-up tackle could have broken Alex Song’s leg.

But because apart from being sent off and kicking a goalpost, it was just about the only notable thing he did all afternoon.

Sergio Aguero, the record signing who was supposed to be the final piece in the jigsaw when he arrived in the summer, was anonymous, too.

Edin Dzeko, who cost £27m, did not get off the bench. Samir Nasri, who left Arsenal to win the title at City, was ineffectual.

And David Silva, the team’s creative force who has faded alarmingly in the last couple of months, did not even make the final 18.

He had a knock to the knee, City said, so he was rested in order to be sure he would be available for Wednesday’s game against West Brom.

That spoke of a player and a club who knew the game was up. Silva should have done everything possible to be on the pitch at The Emirates yesterday.

It was the only game that mattered. City had to beat Arsenal. Nothing else would do. It was the last chance to rescue the title that had once seemed to be theirs.

But Silva’s name did not appear on the team sheet. He will be okay for West Brom but West Brom doesn’t matter any more. West Brom’s irrelevant.

Only Joleon Lescott, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart could hold their heads up yesterday. They were resolute in defence. Without them, Arsenal’s margin of victory would have been far greater.

But City should not be collapsing like this. Not after the money they’ve spent. Not after the experience they’ve bought.

They should have pushed United all the way to the wire this season. In fact, they should have outstripped them.

But when their collective character was examined, they were found wanting. This title race could have been an epic. It turned into a walkover.

When Mikel Arteta’s winner fizzed into the bottom corner yesterday, City’s bench was a tableau of despair.

On the touchline, Roberto Mancini ranted and raved in the rain like King Lear on the heath, madness gripping him as it all slipped away.

Brian Kidd, his loyal assistant, slumped in his seat. David Platt sat with his head in his hands.

Mancini deserved better, although his decision to place his trust in Balotelli raises more and more questions about his judgment.

It is Balotelli’s presence, more than Carlos Tevez’s absence, that has cost City so dearly this season.

Balotelli has become a symbol of the fact that City are struggling to leave behind the cult of the individual while United are a group who play for each other.

“Take a deep breath, everyone,” City’s former skipper Paul Lake wrote on Twitter last night.

“We’re all angry. We’re all frustrated, but at least we now know what it takes #itsallabouttheteam #mcfc.”

They need a little less Balotelli and a lot more Valencia. Once they learn that lesson, they will respond differently when they face their next day of judgment. '' What a **** !

Here is good ol' Ollie's twitter if you want to tweet back to him that article.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/ollieholtmirror" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/ollieholtmirror</a>

argyle said:
Here is good ol' Ollie's twitter if you want to tweet back to him that article.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/#!/ollieholtmirror" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/#!/ollieholtmirror</a>

LOL I Know dont you worry about ill make sure he sees it on sunday am going to abuse him so bad he'd regret the day he started his profession yh it will feel even more sweeter on sunday just got to bid my time then gloat

MakzMCFC said:
Oliver Holt now that mug is completley biased his article after the Arsenal game was disgusting hope we make him eat his words the **** ps sorry for swearing the guy just inrages me this article is after the Game away to Arsenal <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Oliver-Holt-s-Big-Match-Verdict-With-the-title-on-the-line-City-simply-went-down-without-a-fight-article888400.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 88400.html</a>

'' When the time came for the final judgment, Manchester City went quietly yesterday.

With the title on the line, their season on the line, their pride at stake and Roberto Mancini’s job in jeopardy, they went down without a fight.

Sure, there was plenty of sound and fury, plenty of controversy and angst. But it signified nothing.

That is the most damning thing about yesterday. When City were faced with their last chance, when they needed to stand up, all they could do was fall down. '' Let’s be honest: Arsenal battered them. Totally dominated them. Played them off the pitch.

If Manchester United had worried that City would react defiantly to going eight points behind, they needn’t have been concerned.

Because City played like a £200m team who had given up the chase before a ball had been kicked.

They played like a side intimidated and cowed by their Manchester neighbours, a team that had already admitted defeat.

United, as many predicted, have got stronger and stronger and stronger as the season has gone on.

When the heat was on, United had players who gloried in the challenge.

Rio Ferdinand found his best form, Antonio Valencia came back from another injury and seared his signature into United’s play.

David de Gea conquered his early season uncertainties and stepped up with match-saving performances of courage and maturity.

Michael Carrick resurrected his United career, Wayne Rooney was a font of goals, Paul Scholes shone as brightly as ever.

A couple of months ago, Patrick Vieira, City’s head of football development, said United’s decision to welcome Scholes out of retirement was a sign of ‘weakness’.

Well, United have won 11 of their last 12 Premier League games since Scholes returned. And drawn the other.

And Vieira has won himself a place in the pantheon of predictions alongside Alan Hansen and ‘you can’t win anything with kids’.

Because as United puffed out their chests and quickened their stride, City grew weaker and weaker and weaker.

When they glimpsed the prize, it did not inspire them. It terrified them. And on Sunday, their terror was palpable.

Mario Balotelli played like a coward. Not because his studs-up tackle could have broken Alex Song’s leg.

But because apart from being sent off and kicking a goalpost, it was just about the only notable thing he did all afternoon.

Sergio Aguero, the record signing who was supposed to be the final piece in the jigsaw when he arrived in the summer, was anonymous, too.

Edin Dzeko, who cost £27m, did not get off the bench. Samir Nasri, who left Arsenal to win the title at City, was ineffectual.

And David Silva, the team’s creative force who has faded alarmingly in the last couple of months, did not even make the final 18.

He had a knock to the knee, City said, so he was rested in order to be sure he would be available for Wednesday’s game against West Brom.

That spoke of a player and a club who knew the game was up. Silva should have done everything possible to be on the pitch at The Emirates yesterday.

It was the only game that mattered. City had to beat Arsenal. Nothing else would do. It was the last chance to rescue the title that had once seemed to be theirs.

But Silva’s name did not appear on the team sheet. He will be okay for West Brom but West Brom doesn’t matter any more. West Brom’s irrelevant.

Only Joleon Lescott, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart could hold their heads up yesterday. They were resolute in defence. Without them, Arsenal’s margin of victory would have been far greater.

But City should not be collapsing like this. Not after the money they’ve spent. Not after the experience they’ve bought.

They should have pushed United all the way to the wire this season. In fact, they should have outstripped them.

But when their collective character was examined, they were found wanting. This title race could have been an epic. It turned into a walkover.

When Mikel Arteta’s winner fizzed into the bottom corner yesterday, City’s bench was a tableau of despair.

On the touchline, Roberto Mancini ranted and raved in the rain like King Lear on the heath, madness gripping him as it all slipped away.

Brian Kidd, his loyal assistant, slumped in his seat. David Platt sat with his head in his hands.

Mancini deserved better, although his decision to place his trust in Balotelli raises more and more questions about his judgment.

It is Balotelli’s presence, more than Carlos Tevez’s absence, that has cost City so dearly this season.

Balotelli has become a symbol of the fact that City are struggling to leave behind the cult of the individual while United are a group who play for each other.

“Take a deep breath, everyone,” City’s former skipper Paul Lake wrote on Twitter last night.

“We’re all angry. We’re all frustrated, but at least we now know what it takes #itsallabouttheteam #mcfc.”

They need a little less Balotelli and a lot more Valencia. Once they learn that lesson, they will respond differently when they face their next day of judgment. '' What a **** !

That is a month old !!
Should read todays Mirror !!
Claims he went everywhere watching the Blues (as a fan not a journo) in the 1980`s !!
Find it and put it up mate.Worth a laugh or not,if its true.

vonksbignose said:
Clubber said:

Will this do?

Listen to his comment at 2.45m. What a greasy unwashed twat.!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Picked up a free MEN at lunchtime and they've a 10-page special on Sunday's games. On page 2 of the 10 they tot up how much the likely City starting line-up cost (£188.5m).

So I went through the other 8 pages to see if they mentioned how much the equivalent rag line-up cost. Not a dicky-bird of course. Silly me - I forgot they're all home-grown.

At least tell people the relevence of why the costs were there !!!
No Colin you couldn`t be arsed because it throws more fuel to the fire for the anti MEN brigade.
Bit suprised by your comments though.Pages 1 - 4 were about City.Page 5 about United and 6-7 joint,with 8-9 going to the Rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.