Big away day attendances of the past.

i kne albert davy said:
WyongBlue said:
Leeds in the 70's were great, because from 1975 onwards the block of City fans just got bigger and bigger, in 75 I think we lost 2-1, City had all the end opposite the Leeds end [ Spion Kop???], but a big blue with coppers occurred during the match, and I think they rushed us with trucheons drawn and the dogs as well...A GOOD DAY..., from 76 onwards we seem to not only have the end full but we was starting to go down the opposite stand to the Maine Stand, and yes I think it was 1978 the FA Cup, we won 2-0, had a pitch invasion of Leeds fans, but there must have been 15,000 at least, and did we make some noise!!!!!!!!.........happy days.....
You must ave left early we won 1-2 on riot day in the cup great following that though my mate got arrested before kick off took us till half eight to get him out mental day that was.

That was a great day. Police horses on the pitch etc. I was a student at Leeds university then and remember being bombarded by bricks from outside the ground as we waited to get out.

The year before we were knocked out of the cup at Elland Rd by a late goal by Trevor Cherry (I think) so the police horse episode was quite nice and reminiscent of the Old Trafford fiasco/disgrace of a few years earlier.

Them were the days!

Swindon Town Promotional year 2000 took over three sides of the ground, must of been 12,000 City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.